Hacking trouble saving with a CycloDS and 3 in 1 plus

Cactuar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting save files to work on my 3 in 1 plus. These are the tools I'm working with

DS Lite
CycloDS Evolution w/ firmware v1.54B2
GBA_ExpLoader v0.58b

I've first tried saving in Final Fantasy VI Advance and then in Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls, both via the in-game menu's save feature. I'm thinking it has something to do with the roms needing to be patched, but from what I understand the CycloDS Evolution automatically patches roms (not sure if that means NDS, GBA or both) ..so I'm a bit confused.

If anyone can help me out I'd be really thankful, it's a shame I haven't been clever enough to use my brand new 3 in 1. It's a bit embarrassing actually.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried with other games yet? Maybe you could try a different gbaexploader version. I just have the normal 3 in 1 so I'm not sure about that.

Cactuar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only other game I tried to load was Mother 3 (english patched) but I couldn't even get that to boot past the Gameboy title screen. I've only used GBA_ExpLoader v0.58b since I have the new 3 in 1, from what I read it's the only version that will work.

I just discovered that when I loaded the game from the CycloDS menu rather than from within GBA_ExpLoader v0.58b my save file showed up and I could load my game. I must have originally loaded the game from the CycloDS menu, I tried so many different combinations that I probably lost track.

I narrowed it down and it seems like I can't get any games to boot in NOR mode.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
mother 3 requires an SRAM patching before playing on the 3in1, thats on top of the IPS patch so you can read english. requires NOR mode (its 32MB, duh).

FF I&II:DoS requires being NOR mode, it uses backup save space (some games use double the save space for save data even if it is small enough to load in PSRAM).

FF IV can be used in PSRAM mode or NOR mode.

Cactuar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've SRAM patched the rom after I applied the IPS patch and am now transferring it to my NOR. I really hope it works this time.

It didn't work, the game gets stuck at the Gameboy screen. EZ-Flash probably needs to release an update for the 3-in-1pls because NOR doesn't seem to for any game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello