Jeffo921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I know I have created my own problems, but perhaps there is a solution I have not found after reading many posts on this forum.

I have installed Incognito RCM on my Switch and hid my serial number. Now I can not add new online friend codes. I expect that since my serial is hidden, that is why I can't add friends.

When I try to "unhide" my serial, I get errors that my backups are no good.

My two main questions then: Is there a way I can still add friends? Or, is there another way I can restore my serial, such as a Reverse Incognito routine?

Is this no friend codes issue even related to the no serial issue?

Thanks for your help!
Jeffo921

3pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you could restore your serial number with tinfoil and manually type it in (serial number is on the bottom of the switch)

Jeffo921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could restore your serial number with tinfoil and manually type it in (serial number is on the bottom of the switch)

Trying your suggestion. I have manually typed in my serial in Tinfoil, but it doesn't seem to be writing it back to my system so I can see it in the Switch settings. Any ideas? Thanks again!

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Trying your suggestion. I have manually typed in my serial in Tinfoil, but it doesn't seem to be writing it back to my system so I can see it in the Switch settings. Any ideas? Thanks again!
Have you lost your prodinfo back up or what? I don't really understand the problem of just restoring your original info.

Jeffo921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you lost your prodinfo back up or what? I don't really understand the problem of just restoring your original info.

I used Incognito_RCM to go into stealth mode. I didn't do a good job explaining in my original post that my backup info seems to be corrupt. The restore running Incognito_RCM gives me an error. My Switch may be beyond repair sadly. I was hoping that there would be CFW that would allow me to "un-stealth" by entering the serial from the sticker on the bottom of the console.

Thanks for any advice!

logandzwon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You *should* have the original backup you took when you first started, before you modded anything. If you do it is possible to pull the needed files from that back-up, even if your incognito backup is corrupt.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I used Incognito_RCM to go into stealth mode. I didn't do a good job explaining in my original post that my backup info seems to be corrupt. The restore running Incognito_RCM gives me an error. My Switch may be beyond repair sadly. I was hoping that there would be CFW that would allow me to "un-stealth" by entering the serial from the sticker on the bottom of the console.

Thanks for any advice!
Oh, ok. Actually i remember having problems with incognito rcm for some reason... It didn't want to restore my back up, so i just restored it with incognito homebrew and all worked just fine. Worth trying for you since it's just strange how your backup prod info could get corrupted for no reason.

Last edited by bad361,

Jeffo921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, ok. Actually i remember having problems with incognito rcm for some reason... It didn't want to restore my back up, so i just restored it with incognito homebrew and all worked just fine. Worth trying for you since it's just strange how your backup prod info could get corrupted for no reason.

Maybe my SD card is flaky for some reason, although I have been using it for some time with no apparent issues. I'll try a different Incognito this evening when I get home. Thanks!

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incognito RCM appears to not be working. Your only hope is to find a backup of your prodinfo and restore it. One of the many reasons I do not recommend incognito_rcm.

Jeffo921

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incognito RCM appears to not be working. Your only hope is to find a backup of your prodinfo and restore it. One of the many reasons I do not recommend incognito_rcm.

I was able to restore my serial number with your Incognito app. Thanks so much for that!

I still can't seem to access Nintendo servers so that I can add friends, etc. To answer the obvious question: Yes, my Switch does connect to my WiFi which also provides proper internet service to other devices.

Any and all help is welcome to allow my Switch to reconnect to internet.

Thanks again, all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64