Hacking I was under the impression Incognito RCM was permeant. But I'm getting a message to update.

jringo718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I used Incognito RCM back in 2020 on a lower firmware. Everything has been great so far.

Last month, I had to redo atmosphere again. I also used the opportunity to go from 12.x to 14.0 using Daybreak.

A few days ago, I started getting a message that I should update to the latest firmware. This happened every time I started a game. It didn't hit me till today that it's not supposed to happen. I used Incognito and blocked out my serial in 2020. It was changed to a complete blank. I even have a screenshot of this on the switch when I did it.

But when I just checked my serial, it was my full serial. I immediately turned off WiFi and enabled exosphere. Now it's XVW0000000000

Did I somehow screw up? Am I banned now? I remember reading that incognito was permanent.

I'm on emunand and used sysnand sometimes to do legit things. I'm really afraid to check if I'm banned.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I used Incognito RCM back in 2020 on a lower firmware. Everything has been great so far.

Last month, I had to redo atmosphere again. I also used the opportunity to go from 12.x to 14.0 using Daybreak.

A few days ago, I started getting a message that I should update to the latest firmware. This happened every time I started a game. It didn't hit me till today that it's not supposed to happen. I used Incognito and blocked out my serial in 2020. It was changed to a complete blank. I even have a screenshot of this on the switch when I did it.

But when I just checked my serial, it was my full serial. I immediately turned off WiFi and enabled exosphere. Now it's XVW0000000000

Did I somehow screw up? Am I banned now? I remember reading that incognito was permanent.

I'm on emunand and used sysnand sometimes to do legit things. I'm really afraid to check if I'm banned.
U switch will be banned soon

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well you can't check if your banned without risking being banned so if you never check, you're basically banning yourself anyways.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it is permanent, in the sense that it cant magically disable itself like your suggesting. If you created a new emunand it would require you to re do incognito, otherwise you would of need to reinject incognito_RCM and hit restore device info to that nand with prod.info on sd card.

but yea your gonna get banned at somepoint.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
but yea your gonna get banned at somepoint.
I accidentally booted into SX OS, forgetting I left the Wi-Fi enabled, and I was like, fuck... I'm gonna get banned huh? Then several months go by, and nothing, so I was like Hmm... I guess not!
Then, during the last hour of Finalfest in Splatoon 2, BAM! I got hit with the errors that I can no longer go online, and I was indeed banned. But the fact that they wouldn't even let me finish the last Splatfest pissed me off the most. Insult to injury.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally booted into SX OS, forgetting I left the Wi-Fi enabled, and I was like, fuck... I'm gonna get banned huh? Then several months go by, and nothing, so I was like Hmm... I guess not!
Then, during the last hour of Finalfest in Splatoon 2, BAM! I got hit with the errors that I can no longer go online, and I was indeed banned. But the fact that they wouldn't even let me finish the last Splatfest pissed me off the most. Insult to injury.

Well they don't ban you instantly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not sure why they feel the need to drag it out though.
It's common practice, it has a bigger effect if they ban in waves so everybody complains about it at the same time. Which is more effective in scaring people away from pirating, also they can tell their investors "we banned 50000 users this month"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.