Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to update my trinket. What would cause it to not appear in windows when double pressing the reset button, and than plugging the switch into a PC?
Latest firmware changes.

There is a SAMD21 update option in Switchboot.

I`d hold on updating though because v1.4.0 is FINISHED!!!

Making UF2 tomorrow morning BST.

Changelog:

• Latest Hekate 5.0.1 upstream changes
  • payload.bin override (as usual)
  • nyx override (hold down both vol+ buttons to skip loading nyx. Will auto-skip if not present of course)
  • SXOS MultiNAND feature (left out emummc handling as that is done in Hekate Nyx.) People on SXOS deserve something to play with too...
  • File browser refined and improved. Browse / launch any payload. Parent(..) selection now implemented.
  • Add any payload etc to hekate_ipl.ini from within the app (as usual)
  • SAMD21 update mode (as usual)
  • Safe backup (as usual) - BOOT0/1/PRODINFO
  • Interface changes: Broadly exactly the same as standard(non-nyx) Hekate. My better font is in there however...
Was in two minds weather to do this after relatively poor feedback from the other test the other day.

But it had to be done. Not so long between updates next time!

Last edited by mattytrog,
D

Deleted User

Latest firmware changes.

There is a SAMD21 update option in Switchboot.

I`d hold on updating though because v1.4.0 is FINISHED!!!

Making UF2 tomorrow morning BST.

Changelog:

• Latest Hekate 5.0.1 upstream changes
  • payload.bin override (as usual)
  • nyx override (hold down both vol+ buttons to skip loading nyx. Will auto-skip if not present of course)
  • SXOS MultiNAND feature (left out emummc handling as that is done in Hekate Nyx.) People on SXOS deserve something to play with too...
  • File browser refined and improved. Browse / launch any payload. Parent(..) selection now implemented.
  • Add any payload etc to hekate_ipl.ini from within the app (as usual)
  • SAMD21 update mode (as usual)
  • Safe backup (as usual) - BOOT0/1/PRODINFO
Was in two minds weather to do this after relatively poor feedback from the other test the other day.

But it had to be done. Not so long between updates next time!
Looking forward to the update!

How would you recommend I update the trinket without it's USB port, and without being able to go through the switch ?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking forward to the update!

How would you recommend I update the trinket without it's USB port, and without being able to go through the switch ?
Yes sir!

Basically just double-press your reset button and select the option. SWITCHBOOT (Or TRINKETBOOT) will pop right up.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
v140 uploaded. Just updating op now

As you will no doubt have guessed, this does NOT include nyx. This is for SAMD21 chips.

You can override a nyx boot by holding both vol buttons while powering on. Takes you to classic Hekate.

Missing features ie screenshot etc will be added back as I go.

Cheers

Matty

Last edited by mattytrog,

PSxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I accidentally flashed "SWITCHBOOT_FEATHER_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2" on my Trinket m0. The pinout is probably totally wrong now since i don't have power on my trinket and it boots to horizon right away. Is there an easier way for me to solder a stripped usb cable directly on my trinket and reflash it with the right switchboot? Or do i just have to solder directly on the removed usb port leads?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I accidentally flashed "SWITCHBOOT_FEATHER_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2" on my Trinket m0. The pinout is probably totally wrong now since i don't have power on my trinket and it boots to horizon right away. Is there an easier way for me to solder a stripped usb cable directly on my trinket and reflash it with the right switchboot? Or do i just have to solder directly on the removed usb port leads?
No just get into RCM mode(any way you like), send payload, select samd21 update mode(the chip will appear dead. LEDS are different pin numbers you see so it wont light... Double-press reset (you will be doing it "blindly"

Flash the correct file.

USB pins are the same across all chips. Its only the straps that are different.

PSxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No just get into RCM mode(any way you like), send payload, select samd21 update mode(the chip will appear dead. LEDS are different pin numbers you see so it wont light... Double-press reset (you will be doing it "blindly"

Flash the correct file.

USB pins are the same across all chips. Its only the straps that are different.

Why go the easy route ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (trinket was disconnected from the switch btw, photo looks like it is still connected.)

Last edited by PSxed,

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry for the dump question but if i have switch boot V1 installed with hekate 4.9.1 on trinket with fitting for joycon and vol
what do i need to flash to change my modchip to simple fusee-uf2 ?

what is the difference between
TRINKET_FUSEE_UF2_V3.UF2
and
TRINKET_GENERIC_DONGLE_FUSEE_UF2_V3.UF2
?
i have trinket installed from Matty with universal fitting
i think i need to flash again the switchboot part1 and instead part2 i take the fusee_uf2_V3 ?

i have a problem to get to bootloader mode :-(
i boot to Horizon OS CFW and in home screen i double press reset button on trinket after some short time purple and red static led, the red + green LED will flash about 8 times but i dont see any additional drive letter (or any new partition in drive managment) in windows if i connect the usb cable to pc after double press reset

do i have to have the joycons connected for the procedure ? here it does not work with or without ...

any help would be very appreciated

Last edited by FunThomas,

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm running legacy method 3 with 4 wire install. Looking at your github for the new hekate build uf2 and I got no idea what I'm looking at no more. So many different repos with so many different files. Starting to wander if the mod chip was a bad idea as I got no clue what's going on now. Was a lot easier with just trinkets around. Now there's 10 different chips with 10 various installs lol.

What uf2 do I need for the latest hekate? 4 wire install trinketm0 no straps.

Cheers Matty.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running legacy method 3 with 4 wire install. Looking at your github for the new hekate build uf2 and I got no idea what I'm looking at no more. So many different repos with so many different files. Starting to wander if the mod chip was a bad idea as I got no clue what's going on now. Was a lot easier with just trinkets around. Now there's 10 different chips with 10 various installs lol.

What uf2 do I need for the latest hekate? 4 wire install trinketm0 no straps.

Cheers Matty.

Ok... All you need is the trinket version.

I'll clean up my git and make it easier to understand.

Really sorry if it's confusing! I'll fix it.

Reactions: roamin

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @mattytrog any way to use reset button of trinket for multi-payload ?
Yes. However, it will only be useful in perma-CFW boot scenarios.

In the source on my git, in the "main" folder of a version of switchboot, you will find an arduino sketch.

You can set it to auto-increase on a fail of sending. If the send is successful, it stays the same.

This is a rough-arsed approach. But because the RST button resets the device, it is the best you will get.

Until I modify Switchboot part 1, so a single-press increases payload. But its one of those "get round to it" jobs.

Gismor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay this is crazy
now i have update to the newest version 1.4.0.
update is done.

now i will enter the switchboot menue holding volume + and power and i dosent enter the menue. any changes?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay this is crazy
now i have update to the newest version 1.4.0.
update is done.

now i will enter the switchboot menue holding volume + and power and i dosent enter the menue. any changes?

Either:
Bypass "payload.bin" and other autolaunch options by holding vol-then powering on

or

To bypass nyx, hold both buttons, power on and hold until the old menu pops up.

I`m trying to accomodate all options

Gismor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay i works thanks but now a other question:
i have try to boot the new switchboot.bin but get a black screen is this normal?

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@mattytrog thanx for your answer

Do you know what could be my problem to get the modchip to bootloader mode?
What is wrong in my steps ?

i boot to Horizon OS CFW and in home screen i double press reset button on trinket after some short time purple and red static led, the red + green LED will flash about 8 times but i dont see any additional drive letter (or any new partition in drive managment) in windows if i connect the usb cable to pc after double press reset

tried to press reset in sleep mode too from horizon os and then connect the cable but it does not work too :-(

do i have to have the joycons connected for the procedure ? here it does not work with or without ...

Last edited by FunThomas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his...