Hacking Triiforce help - fails to load

chickendavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

Wondering if someone out there can help me out with an issue im having with Triiforce MRC? I've followed all of the directions in this guide:

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...e-sd-card.html

When i launch Triiforce from the wii menu, i see a 'WII' graphic appear and then my wii resets. I've seen some people who've had this issue and fixed it by setting their fat32 usb partition to active. However, i have this done already and still the problem exists.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this ? Is Triiforce maybe not seeing my fat32 partition on the usb drive ?

I'm using cIOS38rev17. Loading triiforce off usb drive using usb forwarder channel. Usb drive has a 10GB fat32 partition (set to active) for wiiware and the rest of the drive is allocated for wii isos. The boot.dol for triiforce is located at usb:/apps/triiforce/boot.dol

If no one has any ideas, im thinking of just trying uLoader instead of triiforce. Figured i'd check here though to see if anyone has any ideas.
Thanx very much for the help.

-DaViS

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like your forwarder isnt working, try load triforce through homebrew channel and see if anything different happens

chickendavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually did intend to try that but did not see the triiforce app in my list on homebrew channel. I was thinking maybe homebrew channel does not show apps that are located on fat32 usb partition. Is there some way to tell homebrew channel to do this, or should it automatically pick up the apps on usb devices as well? Does this point to a potential issue with my usb drive ?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could load your WW VC games through uLoader
smile.gif
better option or do a quick search on the forums for Wad2ISO; process all your WW VC with this app to get a ISO shortcut of them shortcut being usb and all your proper nand folders needed. After you do all that do a quick search for WiiBackupManager a.k.a WBM and turn all your ISO files into WBFS and put them with the rest of your wii games
smile.gif

it's pretty simple to play your games through your USB loader now. you can access cheat codes and everything just like with Triiforce. you will need cIOS249rev17 installed but you should load games up with IOS222rev5.1 from your Wiiflow or Configurable USB Loader (these 2 are best for me).

Basicly you need 249rev17 cause when you load up the game it still uses Triiforce but you dont notice any extra time delay from loading w/in your USB loader. IOS222rev5.1 loads all my WW VC games perfect from both mentioned USB Loader.

I hope this helps. i see this to be the most simplest way to play VC WW games and the best part is your can even assign WW VC games to categories w/in Wiiflow if you like
smile.gif
so your not looking @ 100+ WW VC games along side Wii and you can swap between the 2 but that's just an option
smile.gif

I have tried using Crap3.3b to make a WiiMenu shortcut from the Wad2ISO output; you get all the graphics but it does not load the game you will have to load the game by USB loader.

Basic Rundown...
Have Nand on USB
Run WW VC games through Wad2ISO (this will make a ISO shortcut to your nand games)
Run your new ISO's through WiiBackupManager and convert to WBFS extension
Put into WBFS folder on FAT32 cluster size 32k formatted drive.....

Scan for new pictures and make your own for what they dont have on WiiTB
smile.gif
they have alot so no fear
smile.gif

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chickendavis said:
I actually did intend to try that but did not see the triiforce app in my list on homebrew channel. I was thinking maybe homebrew channel does not show apps that are located on fat32 usb partition. Is there some way to tell homebrew channel to do this, or should it automatically pick up the apps on usb devices as well? Does this point to a potential issue with my usb drive ?

you do you have sd card inserted into your wii? from my experience if an sd card is inserted it tends to take priority over the usb drive when it gives you the apps list, but if you press 1 i think you can select usb to load

chickendavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
clarky, i do have the sd card inserted. Maybe as you said, that is causing HBC to miss the apps on usb drive. I'll try removing it and/or pressing '1' on remote and see how it goes.

kylster, thanx for all the info there. I'm going to have to read up on all of these things you mentioned. There is so much info out there about which loaders to use and which IOS etc that i find it can often be confusing as to which path i should take. I'll give triiforce one last go as per clarky's suggestions. If that doesn't work out, i'm going to have to try this wad2iso etc. I'm a little unsure of what you mean when you say loading games will still use triiforce, even though the games are being launched in 'Configurable USB Loader'. Also, if triiforce is not workign for me now, will this option not work for me? Maybe i've misunderstood this. Sounds like WiiFlow and/or Configurable USB Loader are just front ends to underlying game launcher ? If you know of a tutorial that describes exactly what you have mentioned kylster, i'd appreciate if you could reply with it.

Thanx again to both of you for taking the time to reply.
smile.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://goo.gl/C8MA5 ---> here you go
smile.gif
this is also the original topic if you goto the 1st post
smile.gif
i posted a guide on how i made my WW VC forwarders. Basicly the reason why you need 249rev17 is cause even through your loading the games up through the USB Loader it is still using Triiforce to initate the Game and seeing how rev17 is the last known build to work with Triiforce that's why it's needed. You can keep which ever IOS the USB loader says to play game as i always use Hermes cIOS i never changed it so i can verify it running with ios249rev17 and loaded with ios222rev5.1; I hope this guide helps
smile.gif

here is the guide as well...

O.K. I have finally figured this out except for cheats at least hm... if anyone knows how to apply cheats when loading games from a iso forwarder let me know please pm or here.
Ok to get games to run off a FAT32 driver you need

1)Wii Backup Manager; find it on the forums here or google is your best friend.

2)The actual .WAD file can be for which ever game you want, me i used SAIDGAME.WAD
smile.gif

3)Wii2ISO

Now that you have @LL 3:

1)Install Wii2ISO

2)Drag SAIDGAME.WAD over to the Wii2ISO shortcut located on your desktop.

3)Launch Wii Backup Manager & Choose Files>Add>Files..>ADD SAIDGAME.WAD>Transfer>.WBFS

The final result will get you a Wiiware/VC game compatible with a FAT32 drive i used WiiFlow to launch SAIDGAME.WAD

Please make sure you copy over the NandGames Folder to your usb or sd card as this is important if you want to play the games as it containers the dol file for Triiforce.
Wii2ISO will create this automaticly when making ISO's.

Hope this helps someone smile.gif maybe just maybe im the last to figure this out LoL

KEEP FILE STRUCTURES THE SAME! THE NEWLY MADE .WBFS FORWARDER FOR YOU VC/WIIWARE GAME GO INTO THE WBFS FOLDER ON THE ROOT OF YOUR USB!

ex.usb://wbfs/SAID TITLE [GAMEID]/GAMEID.WBFS
ex.usb://NandGames/Loader.dol

Also you may have to put the NandGames folder into your apps folder on your SD card. I put it in both locations just cause not necessary but if it does not load then please do so
smile.gif
ex:sd://apps/NandGames

I personally have nand dump on my usb along side my wii games
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?