Hacking TriiForce beta testing

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble getting this to run. I have a 2gb sandisk sd card formatted to fat32 with my fsdumer nand backup on it. cIOS version is rev 15. I've extracted the wads with showmiiwads (wadmanager 1.5 gives me error ret=-101). When I try to run the MRC channel, I get "could not load title list," and then a code dump. With normal triiforce loaded from a USB drive, I am only able to load wiiware games on my Wii's nand, not the emulated nand. Any insights?

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@metroid4life14

Two options:

- switch to cIOS rev 14 ... OR
- switch to Triiforce r74 (http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/browse/#svn/trunk/HBC)

That'll do the trick.

DSPanther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys. I've done everything the guide told me to, but as soon as I start TriiForce it tells me, "Can't find xx". According to the guide I should get a promt to choose the source I want to use, SD-Card or USB-HDD, but this does not happen. Something I need to do maybe? Use another TriiForce? Using Beta 7 atm!

rooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSPanther - did you move your NAND dump from the default FSTOOLBOX folder into the root of your device?

The NAND dump must be in the root to be accepted by triiforce.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you fbscaral for your help. I am now able to access nand emulation. However, now I am getting error "-106/ Cert Read Error/ Identity Error" I get this error for every wiiware game that I attempt to load. Not sure what this means.

Triiforce MRC still gives me the "cannot load title" error with a code dump.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@DSPanther

Like suggested by rooster, did you:

- dump your NAND using FSToolbox 0.40 (mind the version) or SFSD?
- is the NAND dump on the root of the device?
- use either [Triiforce v7 + cIOS rev14] or [Triiforce v74 + cIOS rev 14/15] combinations?
- install WADs via ShowMiiWads?

@metroid4life14

Check if everything you're doing matches the checklist above, if not, correct and retry. Otherwise, please come back and report what's going on.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I dumped using SFSD. All of my wad files can be found using triiforce, (I downgraded to rev14) they just cannot be loaded. I get the error message in my post above.

I extracted the wads using showmiiwads, and can view the installed wads using showmiinand, so they should be installed correctly. I also have a bootmii nand backup available, if that can be utilized, etc.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the failing message is precisely "Reading certs failed" (I know that's not what you typed, but anyway), then it should relate to this piece of code below from trunk/source/tools.c:

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Reading certs...");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfflush(stdout);

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsprintf(filepath, "/sys/cert.sys");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂret = read_file(filepath, &certBuffer, &certSize);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (ret < 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Reading certs failed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(tmdBuffer);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(tikBuffer);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn ret;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("done\n");

Which means either cert.sys wasn't dumped (unlikely), device access is failing somehow (more likely) or that I don't have a clue of what's going on (most likely of all).

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Is there some way to rename cIOS249 (rev14/rev15) to another number (cIOSXYZ) and install it under that number?...

In that way, we could install the latest cIOS249 revision (rev16) and keep older revisions (rev14/rev15) also installed for Triiforce's full functionality
tongue.gif
!

(Just a minimal change on Triiforce's code and voilá
cool.gif
!)

See ya!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
Is there some way to rename cIOS249 (rev14/rev15) to another number (cIOSXYZ) and install it under that number?...

In that way, we could install the latest cIOS249 revision (rev16) and keep older revisions (rev14/rev15) also installed for Triiforce's full functionality
tongue.gif
!

cool.gif
!)

See ya!

You could do the following.

Get a wad of cios249 r14 and install it as 249
Get a wad of cios250 r16 and install it as 250

Or use any combo you want of the two 14 and 15 or 15 and 16 extt..

This way triiforce could still use 249 rev14 and then whatever usb loader your using change it in the settings to use 250 rev15 or rev16 as default instead of 249 rev14.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wichoxp said:

tongue.gif
!

cool.gif
!)

See ya!

Again: That's the advantage of cIOSrev16? I don't get it.

To install several cIOS into different slots:
1. Get BlueDump(maybe need to compile yourself)
2. Install the cIOS you want
3. Dump IOS249 with BlueDump
4. Extract the wad on your pc(i use wadunpacker.exe which is most likely totally outdated, but works, included in the ImpalerWadCreator package)
5. Change the title id inside the ticket AND tmd to the slot of your choice(WiiPartitionBinChanger, included in the WiiScrubber package)
6. Pack it to a wad again(wadpacker.exe)
7. Install that wad(WAD Manager)

If you have severe problems with these instructions, you should not do it.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
with 5. he means you have to change the "System Version" it says in wiiscrubber on the loaded file and then also dont forget to fakesign it

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi WiiPower/nicksasa!

I made a new custom IOS (cIOS199) based on 249 rev15 that works successfully on my own Triiforce's test (fully compatible)
yay.gif
!

I adapted it to Triiforce's code, and now I have both cIOS on my wii:

- cIOS249 rev16: newest one from Waninkoko.
- cIOS199: fully functional for Triiforce usage only.

In this way, you can get the latest revisions of cIOS249 (rev16, rev17, rev18...) and have another cIOS just for Triiforce
grog.gif
!!!

See ya!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wichoxp said:
Hi WiiPower/nicksasa!

I made a new custom IOS (cIOS199) based on 249 rev15 that works successfully on my own Triiforce's test (fully compatible)
yay.gif
!

In this way, you can get the latest revisions of cIOS249 (rev16, rev17, rev18...) and have another cIOS just for Triiforce
grog.gif
!!!

See ya!

Then share it with others. And maybe with a modified NeoGamma version that is rev15 compatbile and points to IOS199.

To modify NeoGamma, you just need to comment the Sam & Max fix in the apploader.c, replacing 249 by 199 shouldn't be too hard to locate, and commenting the annoying warnings too easy.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
Hi WiiPower/nicksasa!

yay.gif
!

grog.gif
!!!

See ya!

Very curious about that.
What's the gain? Comparing to v14 or v15 of IOS249?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
WiiPower said:
wichoxp said:
Hi WiiPower/nicksasa!

yay.gif
!

grog.gif
!!!

See ya!

Then share it with others. And maybe with a modified NeoGamma version that is rev15 compatbile and points to IOS199.

To modify NeoGamma, you just need to comment the Sam & Max fix in the apploader.c, replacing 249 by 199 shouldn't be too hard to locate, and commenting the annoying warnings too easy.

OK, just let me make another test with the new cIOS and I will be publishing it soon
smile.gif
! ...

QUOTE(Pakatus @ Jan 6 2010, 08:42 AM)
Very curious about that.
What's the gain? Comparing to v14 or v15 of IOS249?
Not really. Since Triiforce can work with both versions of cIOS249 (rev14 or rev15) I preferred to work with the latest one (rev15) to make the cIOS199.

See ya!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1