djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
WiiCrazy said:
Just lazy to lurk into the whole thread.. I have a problem with this... Compiled with the new devkitpro, wiimote just keeps losing sync. I need to do hard syncing before and after playing a game. Is this a known problem?

Yea i used to have that problem as well i found out its cause i was booting into a NAND from my friends wii after i dumped mine and tried it worked perfectly.
Try redumping your NAND

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
WiiCrazy said:
Just lazy to lurk into the whole thread.. I have a problem with this... Compiled with the new devkitpro, wiimote just keeps losing sync. I need to do hard syncing before and after playing a game. Is this a known problem?

Something like that was reported by someone before, but i'm not sure. I could never reproduce that. So if you get to know what is causing the problem, please tell. Oh and the work for the TriiForce update with paramter parsing has begun.

Hmm dunno what might be the cause... It does happen almost everytime... just when writing this I got a clue as to why it's happening... I have two wiimotes. I've read somewhere that wii stores the connected remotes id's or something in nand... (in the state file or something) so the thing is just mixes the connection status, identites of wiimotes between emulated and the real nand...

Edit: the info is here : http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki//shared2/sys/SYSCONF

djda said:
QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Oct 15 2009, 12:33 PM)

Yea i used to have that problem as well i found out its cause i was booting into a NAND from my friends wii after i dumped mine and tried it worked perfectly.
Try redumping your NAND

Well, possibly as I said above... mine was a recent dump, first it was working right, after a few days possibly resyncing after battery drain the issue is started..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
Here is an idea, one can easily make the emulated game run in another region (another video mode) by changing the sysconf file on the emulated nand... Interesting?

If, then by going further and generating a config file with all the desired options.

Hmm, are there any libogc functions that can force to sync a wiimote?

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put 320 titles at one time on my USB Nand with W2N last night (I know I should do it in smaller batches, mostly a test) Triiforce wouldn't play any of them but Triiforce_mrc plays them all. Whats the difference?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
WiiCrazy said:
Here is an idea, one can easily make the emulated game run in another region (another video mode) by changing the sysconf file on the emulated nand... Interesting?

If, then by going further and generating a config file with all the desired options.

Hmm, are there any libogc functions that can force to sync a wiimote?

Well once Crediar noted here that there were no homebrew method to sync a wiimote... Sysconf file editing is possible, anyregion changer does that, even libogc has some stuff to make the process easy.. the best thing is, process is not much risky since one can revert it easily on the emulated nand... maybe in your app you can check the bt section and ensure that current registered wiimotes and the one that on the emulated nand are the same...

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
WiiPower said:
Because usb can't be unmounted, and everything that uses usb storage is a little nasty.
As I posted in a related thread:

How about using ISFS (Real-NAND) System Files to load USB/SD "title" and "ticket" folders?

That would be great for people with NAND emulation issues
smile.gif
!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wichoxp said:
WiiPower said:
Because usb can't be unmounted, and everything that uses usb storage is a little nasty.

How about using ISFS (Real-NAND) System Files to load USB/SD "title" and "ticket" folders?

smile.gif
!

That would only move the problems into the game, and then the people would cry why the games crash in the loading screen or main menu.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Digital1980 said:
I put 320 titles at one time on my USB Nand with W2N last night (I know I should do it in smaller batches, mostly a test) Triiforce wouldn't play any of them but Triiforce_mrc plays them all. Whats the difference?
That's because triiforce has a limit of 255 games.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
Digital1980 said:

Stupid hyper pirates...

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
marc_max said:
Digital1980 said:

Stupid hyper pirates...
What? But EVERYONE needs to play Barbie Haircut in NTSC, JAP, and PAL! How else will we know which one is funner? [/sarcasm]

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
WiiPower said:
wichoxp said:
WiiPower said:

smile.gif
!

That would only move the problems into the game, and then the people would cry why the games crash in the loading screen or main menu.
So, is that a technical limitation?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
WiiPower said:
wichoxp said:
[...]

???

If the nand emu fails to read the config, it will fail on a lot of other stuff as well.
No, I was talking about making calls between Real-NAND and game folder files located on SD/USB. For example, if you have a USB device with only the game folders you should be able to call the ISFS folder from your Real-NAND to make to work the game even if you don't have a NAND copy in your USB device.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wichoxp said:
WiiPower said:
wichoxp said:
[...]

???

If the nand emu fails to read the config, it will fail on a lot of other stuff as well.
No, I was talking about making calls between Real-NAND and game folder files located on SD/USB. For example, if you have a USB device with only the game folders you should be able to call the ISFS folder from your Real-NAND to make to work the game even if you don't have a NAND copy in your USB device.

Oh. Not recommend. Games could look for themselves for the config, then you would have a problem and would be unable to detect it.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
WiiPower said:
wichoxp said:
WiiPower said:
wichoxp said:
[...]

???

Oh. Not recommend. Games could look for themselves for the config, then you would have a problem and would be unable to detect it.
So, it's technically possible but not recommended. I thought that calling the same NAND on external device shouldn't cause any problems since only the path changed but the files are supposed to be the same in both NANDs.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
Digital1980 said:

Thanks!

WiiPower said:
marc_max said:
QUOTE(Digital1980 @ Oct 15 2009, 08:49 PM)

Stupid hyper pirates...

=\

The Internet. The gift that never stops giving.

After a patent expires, the software can be distributed for free, correct? If the developer, middle man decides to do so. I believe a patent lasts for 15 years.

My point is Roms are legal right? At least NES because that patent expired in 1995
tongue.gif

WADS......not so much.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Go back to school!

Patent right != copyright. Here in germany there are no software patents, but there's copyright on software(like everywhere else on the world). And that expires i don't know, 70(?) years after the death of the author. If you have enough time and wait, then yes, you can copy all this software and you are not a pirate....

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can this tool run entirly from USB?
1. The triiforce app itself
a) through HBC channel
b) through a forwarder (I would really like that)
2. The emulated nand
3. The games on the nand

Would be really great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...