Hacking TriiForce beta testing

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Just one thing... all we know when we press "Go back to wii menu" it hangs... While i was testing on a pal wii a ntsc system. (i donwload System Menu-NUS-v449.wad with nusd.v.1.2, unpack with wad2nand and copy to nand dump, deleting all other files from system directory on that dump) The result was a working emulation, and moreover, when i press "Go back to wii menu" (dont know exactly in english the text) it reboot wii!! (going back to bootmii menu in my case)

For now its a solution for that hang problem...

Sr Corsario

Edit. Well i have just read news on r50. it will do teh trick.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, this is driving me nuts.

Has anybody been able to get Ocarina to work Triiforce?

I have tried so many different things, none of which work.

It says it finds the codes but nothing ever happens in the game. No matter what game or cheats I try.

I have tried all the hooks with no results.

If anybody has been successful please state which game and which cheats were used.

At this point, I just want to see if ANYTHING will work.

Thanks!

-Digital

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- bugs related to tries to mount sd or usb as nand when the device is not connected or does not have a FAT partition

Does this mean if the device is using FAT32 it could have issues being detected? If so this could easily explain why my 2GB Sandisk works just fine, but my 4GB doesn't....

Either way, thank guys for a great start and looking forward to when this bug especially gets squashed!!!

I know this will sound noobish, and the answer is most likely "when it's done," but do we have any eta or progress updates on any of these issues??

One last thing, and I'm sure others have requested this as well, but what are the chances of getting a gui that loads up the banner from the channel? with this we could then select a settings button and go here to adjust the settings like vid mode, hooktype, ocaraina, or other such settings; and a launch game button, like many of the gui loaders use.

Thanks again for making the NAND emulation happen!!!

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody gotten this to work with SDHC?

My card works with most other homebrew and even with Wad Manager 1.5's NAND emulation, but with this I get
QUOTE said:
Loading...Error: could not get dir entry count! (result: -1)

Even tried compiling the latest version with the latest libogc.

Works fine with my USB flash drive.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
Works with Wave Race 64 from USB Nand. Awesome tool

however, the Home->return to menu is broken, goes to black screen. Any guesses?
When you want to exit a game first hit home then reset then home again then wii menu.

Works for me everytime.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was some way I could extract the virtual console/wiiware stuff I have on SD and get it set up for NAND emulation without having to copy everything, make a FS dump, delete...copy some more....etc. Ah well. Still, this is pretty neat.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Digital1980 said:
alright, this is driving me nuts.

Has anybody been able to get Ocarina to work Triiforce?

I have tried so many different things, none of which work.

It says it finds the codes but nothing ever happens in the game. No matter what game or cheats I try.

I have tried all the hooks with no results.

If anybody has been successful please state which game and which cheats were used.

At this point, I just want to see if ANYTHING will work.

Thanks!

-Digital

Hey our 1 Ocarina tester. I added everything that is required for Ocarina, and i get connection to Wiird with my usb gecko. But i can't test Ocarina myself, there are no ocdes for my games. There's one difference between how TriiForce starts games and how Gecko OS does it. If you have some games, you can cheat in with Gecko OS, i will make a test version of TriiForce that starts the games the way Gecko OS does to narrow down what's wrong. If you did not test the cheats with Gecko OS then (...)

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other people say that when you exit a game it goes to a black screen, but for me it gives that garbled "The system files are corrupted" message.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made it with the Simple FS Dumper. It's not much of a bother to me, as I can just turn off with the power button instead of hitting Wii Menu.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aabbccdd said:
Just select Reset from Home menu, it takes me back to System Menu.

it doesn't do that for me.

If i hit home then wii menu it locks up the wii and i have to do a hard reset.

If i hit home then reset it resets back to the games start menu.

If i hit home then reset it resets back to the games start menu but if i hit home again then wii menu it will take me back to the wii's main menu.

freddysmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to get this working but every time I run Triiforce I get a green screen then various pattern blocks of moving colours which
repeat itself over time. Is this known as a code dump?
I have tried with the nand on a USB Hdd and sd card. also happens when I select real nand.
I am using a 3.4e downgraded to 3.2e with CIOS rev 14
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction as this looks like a great program.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
I know the next explanation is not a real solution... however it works XD
(Deleting files from ticket/000001 and title/000001/000002 it reboot system)

I did the following...

1-Copy a dump into a device (in my case usb-pendrive)
2-Delete files from:

ticket0000001
title00000010000002
Now we dont have system. For instance we have to copy a new system...

3-I unpack System Menu-NUS-v449.wad (ntsc-usa system menu like a test) with wad2nand We need a system with diferent region of ower wii

4-Copy folders/files from step 3 to your usb device.

Now when you press "Wii menu" it will reboot because some kind of error... its not a "correct" way to do it... but till we have a real path it do the trick.

I want to say i found that when i load ntsc-usa system into my pal wii dump ... it was a litle bit of fortune xD

Sr Corsario

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
icpmattj said:
aabbccdd said:

If i hit home then reset it resets back to the games start menu but if i hit home again then wii menu it will take me back to the wii's main menu.

Strange. If I press reset it in fact takes me back to my system menu, no matter if I've ran Triiforce from channel or from HBC.
smile.gif

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
aabbccdd said:

Just hit the reset button on the front of the Wii. Don't hit Home first.
smile.gif

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower, if you'd like, I can test ocarina on Defend Your Castle (WDFE) for you. I've tried the game in Gecko OS with cheats, and they worked. I've also tried the same game with the same cheats in TriiForce but nothing worked. TriiForce always reported "Codes found. Applying" though.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Hey our 1 Ocarina tester. I added everything that is required for Ocarina, and i get connection to Wiird with my usb gecko. But i can't test Ocarina myself, there are no ocdes for my games. There's one difference between how TriiForce starts games and how Gecko OS does it. If you have some games, you can cheat in with Gecko OS, i will make a test version of TriiForce that starts the games the way Gecko OS does to narrow down what's wrong. If you did not test the cheats with Gecko OS then (...)

No. 1 tester Ocarina tester reporting in.

I ran the test with the NTSC version of Mega Man 9 with title ID WR9E on my real NAND.

Using the latest version of Gecko OS and the latest and greatest codes from the WiiRD Code Database at Geckcodes and Code Manager 1.2, cheats definitely work as they should. This confirms my .GCT files are correct. At least this one.

Went with the infinite items, lives, ammo, screws and HP codes.

- No. 1 Ocarina tester signing out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY