Android Triggers (R2, RT) Amazon Fire TV issues with Parsec and more

remix10tailed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been using Bluetooth controllers on my Fire Stick since day one of having it, but I realized there was some issues with the input that are NOT present on other Android devices such as phones. I love Parsec and emulation, so I had my Fire Stick filled with it. I realized that on my Fire Stick, when playing games that require you to use the trigger buttons, such as Mario Kart 64 (using the same N64 emulator I use on my phone) or Smash 4 on Parsec (which I also use on my phone) I was running into an issue I did not have on my phone ever: When you use either Trigger button (left or right), as soon as you release them, all of your currently enabled input gets disabled (basically the same as releasing all held buttons) unless you press the buttons you had held again. So if I were to drift in Mario Kart 64, I would drift without any issue and still drive ahead, but as soon as I release the drift, I stop accelerating and turning until I press the A button again. Also if I use a Powerup same story happens. I put this to the test on the Amazon Fire Stick Home menu as well, and while scrolling through apps, I held the trigger down, but as soon as I released, again, it stopped scrolling. It cancelled out that I have my joystick moving in any direction until I released it and moved it again.

I repeat, this problem is not present on any of my previous Android devices.

Is there any fix to this problem?

LunarLionheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I have been using Bluetooth controllers on my Fire Stick since day one of having it, but I realized there was some issues with the input that are NOT present on other Android devices such as phones. I love Parsec and emulation, so I had my Fire Stick filled with it. I realized that on my Fire Stick, when playing games that require you to use the trigger buttons, such as Mario Kart 64 (using the same N64 emulator I use on my phone) or Smash 4 on Parsec (which I also use on my phone) I was running into an issue I did not have on my phone ever: When you use either Trigger button (left or right), as soon as you release them, all of your currently enabled input gets disabled (basically the same as releasing all held buttons) unless you press the buttons you had held again. So if I were to drift in Mario Kart 64, I would drift without any issue and still drive ahead, but as soon as I release the drift, I stop accelerating and turning until I press the A button again. Also if I use a Powerup same story happens. I put this to the test on the Amazon Fire Stick Home menu as well, and while scrolling through apps, I held the trigger down, but as soon as I released, again, it stopped scrolling. It cancelled out that I have my joystick moving in any direction until I released it and moved it again.

I repeat, this problem is not present on any of my previous Android devices.

Is there any fix to this problem?

I have the identical problem you are having - I also posted a similar question on Reddit yesterday.
Im having this problem with the GameSir T4 Pro controller on a Fire TV 4K. I noticed in the button mapping (Im using Retroarch and PPSSPP standalone) that both the L2 and R2 triggers both get mapped to the same input - either 0 in RetroArch, or 00? in PPSSPP. I dont get this problem at all when using the controller on my Note 8.

Did you find a solution to this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y