Tried to "transfer data" from 2DSXL to N3DSXL, games not showing up.

DCRX2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they were both jailbroken, and I did hear that homebrew games might now show up when you do this. I did make a full backup of the SD card on my PC before transferring. Is there any way to make this backup data useable again? All the save data is showing, but not even one game or app is showing up. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One way to check is in the sd card of the N3DSXL and see if the folder inside Nintendo 3DS folder is there, should be just one there that's where the game data is.
You probably are missing tickets for these games, copy and paste some homebrew software cias (hc, fbi etc), and install them along with Faketik, then run it to install missing ones for those games, reboot and see if they appear.

DCRX2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One way to check is in the sd card of the N3DSXL and see if the folder inside Nintendo 3DS folder is there, should be just one there that's where the game data is.
You probably are missing tickets for these games, copy and paste some homebrew software cias (hc, fbi etc), and install them along with Faketik, then run it to install missing ones for those games, reboot and see if they appear.

I do have the folder structure as I made an entire backup of my previous SD card in full. I believe this possibly has something to do with the naming of the folder from my previous 2SDXL (the folder within the Nintendo DS folder.) Maybe there's some way to install the tickets for the games already in this folder to read the new folder data?

I noticed you mentioned installing the tickets from within FBI, how would I go about doing that? I tried Faketix, but it just told me that it couldn't find my database. Thank you!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Faketix, but it just told me that it couldn't find my database.
Could be that there's multiple folders inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, and what you're using is the old one and not the one you've transferred, if that's the case, remove the old one (read my comment below) and only keep the new one, as the game data is stored there.
Faketik should see your games and install tickets for them so they can appear in the home menu.
I believe this possibly has something to do with the naming of the folder from my previous 2SDXL (the folder within the Nintendo DS folder
You need to look in the N3DSXL's sd card the folder that's inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, and there should be only one not two(or more) files there, compare the 32 character name of that folder with the one you've backed up,and see if it's the same or not, it should if you completed the system transfer correctly.

Reactions: wormdood

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the save data is showing, but not even one game or app is showing up
I don't understand how saves are showing up but not games, specially in Faketik, you can look under fbi/titles and see if any of your games appear there. BTW you have to run Rosalina again since you mentioned you couldn't access homebrew apps, then install homebrew channel, fbi etc. Here's the guide.

Reactions: wormdood

DCRX2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I actually got my games back by using Faketik after moving the files in the 32 character folder to the new one on the new 3ds xl, but now I'm having the same problem on my 2dsxl lol, but I will try to do the same thing with this one or try that homebrew transfer method that's here on the forum.

Thanks a lot for the help, and I'll report back once I'm done with the 2DS haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IGY5Zu1OpmA