ROM Hack Triangle Strategy modding

BioGenx2b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have gotten mods to work. Here are some common mistakes I've heard of and/or have made myself:
  • Omitting a folder for the name of the mod on yuzu. The path to your pak file should be in something like ..../yuzu/load/<title ID>/<mod name>/romfs/Newera/Contents/Paks/. Your mod name should appear under "Add-ons" and make sure it is selected (no "[D]").
  • Having the wrong title ID in the path. If I'm not mistaken they can be region dependent. An easy way to double check your title ID is just to dump the game skeleton in yuzu.
  • Testing a pak that actually has no files in it. Try unpacking your mod pak to make sure it contains the files.
  • Mods might not work when starting from a save file. This has happened to me a bit when modding abilities. You might need to gain a level before new abilities appear, or just start a new game.
The first mod I recommend making (and even keeping in your mod for testing purposes) is to change the "Press Any Button" text on the main screen in the file GOP_Text_Common. You'll know whether or not your mod works right off the bat.
I've been having an impossible time getting Yuzu or RyujinX to load any _p files I create, either with v11 or v11.27.

I confirmed the file structure and it shows loaded in Yuzu, but none of the changes are ever reflected.
Simple text changes to the "Press Start Button" prompt and the opening movie's first subtitle line never seem to appear.

Is there some specific way you had to pack it?

MarvinXLII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For packing, I believe you should be fine if you follow masagrator's tutorial.

By "file structure" are you referring to the pak's location for yuzu or the contents of the _p.pak itself? The only thing that comes to mind right now is that the contents of your patch aren't correct. Have you tried unpacking your _p.pak and confirming it contains the files?

Last edited by MarvinXLII,
Reactions: BioGenx2b

BioGenx2b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For packing, I believe you should be fine if you follow masagrator's tutorial.

By "file structure" are you referring to the pak's location for yuzu or the contents of the _p.pak itself? The only thing that comes to mind right now is that the contents of your patch aren't correct. Have you tried unpacking your _p.pak and confirming it contains the files?
Well, I wanted to confirm the file structure that should be loaded, because my pak file manages to break RyuijinX, but checking the pack.bat, bot 11 and 11.72 produce the same errors, and you're right, I can't unpack it, though it manages to be about the expected size.

I copied UnrealPak.exe and the listed DLLs under 11/11.27 in masgrator's tutorial to the 11\2\3 and 11.27\2\3 folders respectively, after installing the UE version via EGS Launcher, but I guess I just can't seem to pack the damn thing.

Code:
LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows: Error:
LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: Pair.Info.IsDeleteRecord() || Pair.Info.IndexDataEquals(EncodedEntry) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Developer/PakFileUtilities/Private/PakFileUtilities.cpp] [Line: 1843]
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff8388d7c87 UnrealPak-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff84732e724 UnrealPak-PakFileUtilities.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff847307ae7 UnrealPak-PakFileUtilities.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff847311eee UnrealPak-PakFileUtilities.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7a035b037 UnrealPak.exe!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7a035be18 UnrealPak.exe!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff867697034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff8692e2651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

edit: And it looks like I'm probably using the wrong UE version in my 11\2\3 folder, maybe 11.27\2\3 is the wrong version. I'll go correct this and say 3 Hail Mary's if it works lol

edit2: Nevermind, back to square one is the file encoded after all? ._.

Last edited by BioGenx2b,

pierrelalipo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's actually pretty simple to add characters to your roster. I guess the question is when you want them added, because that will affect their level. Alternatively, characters recruited through character stories could just be unlocked earlier by reducing the convictions needed.
how? please

MarvinXLII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, as Niko mentioned, you'll need UnrealPak to extract all the files and then to build a mod with any files you edited. There's no better resource on the web than masagrator's tutorial. Follow the steps for Unreal Engine 4.27 / v11.27.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unpack-and-repack-unreal-engine-4-files.531784/

To make a mod you'll need a tool for editing files. Apparently the AsanoDataEditor already works for Triangle Strategy, but I can't test it myself as it's not very linux friendly. My guess is it'll work well for files in the DataTables folder of the game, which is probably where you want to start.
https://github.com/ItsBenOnceAgain/AsanoDataEditor/releases

Some useful tools are in the quote.

It depends what you want to do. Starting the game with all characters requires editing the GOP_Unit_Master files. Just change bNewGameMember from false to true for UNIT_MASTER_CH_P002 (Roland) through UNIT_MASTER_CH_P030 (Giovanna).

If you want to edit requirements for character stories, edit GOP_World_Icon files. I believe you only need to edit MainStoryRequirement (earliest chapter you can get them) and FaithParamRequirements (convictions needed).

Actually changing where, when, and at what level you get a character requires messing with the lua code. It's a bit more complicated as it requires you to decompile and compile the code again, and you have to explore the files a bit. Once you understand that, though, tweaking it is really simple. A quick example and a good place to start is TriggerMS01_X01.lub, where Benedict joins your roster.

pierrelalipo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some useful tools are in the quote.

It depends what you want to do. Starting the game with all characters requires editing the GOP_Unit_Master files. Just change bNewGameMember from false to true for UNIT_MASTER_CH_P002 (Roland) through UNIT_MASTER_CH_P030 (Giovanna).

If you want to edit requirements for character stories, edit GOP_World_Icon files. I believe you only need to edit MainStoryRequirement (earliest chapter you can get them) and FaithParamRequirements (convictions needed).

Actually changing where, when, and at what level you get a character requires messing with the lua code. It's a bit more complicated as it requires you to decompile and compile the code again, and you have to explore the files a bit. Once you understand that, though, tweaking it is really simple. A quick example and a good place to start is TriggerMS01_X01.lub, where Benedict joins your roster.

Oh hey, thanks you !

I'll try this a bit, i don't mind some homework if it can give me the kind of playthrough i'm seeking right now

basically what i can do is opening an unit_master_ch from the chapter where i am and adding/replacing an unit by one i want to have ?

i'm gonna try, it looks interesting, getting started is probably going to be the hardest but let's go, i can at least try with my 0 knowledge haha, i'll keep you updated !

edit: okay so i need to make a whole mod going through the whole unreal engine process, i'll try but if its more than 2-4hours, it's a waste of time

i was more asking about hex editing into savefile or a cheat able to access devs room or switch party member

rip my dream i guess :(

Last edited by pierrelalipo,

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm using this on Ryujinx Vulkan and it's working very well. Now, does anyone have a code for docked resolutions higher than 120%/1080p (like 240%/2160p)?

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What file you using on Ryujinx and where copy?
It's the USA version of Triangle Strategy in .nsp format with patch 1.0.3 applied by Ryujinx. It reads the codes in the .txt file located inside a "cheats" folder I've created. Do you have the code to raise resolution to a fixed 2160p in docked mode?

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRIANGLE STRATEGY v1.0.2
TID: 0100CC80140F8000
BID: 2AA7F33234696651

[60 FPS]
580F0000 06C95160
580F1000 00000018
580F1000 00000078
780F0000 00000F14
640F0000 00000000 00000001

[Default 30 FPS]
580F0000 06C95160
580F1000 00000018
580F1000 00000078
780F0000 00000F14
640F0000 00000000 00000002

Included in the text file;

[RRS]
[CHROM AB]

[AA]
[Shadow]
[SSAO]
[Bloom]

[MIN/MAX/Default GFX Quality]

Note;

The [GFX Quality] Are For;

[AA]
[Shadow]
[SSAO]
[Bloom]

=====

[RRS] is Render Resolution Scale.
Dynamic Resolution Function was already OFF by default. But I put the Maximal & Minimal Screen Percentage values same alongside RRS.
Please use;
Handheld RRS for Handheld Mode.
Docked RRS for Docked Mode.

Some GFX Codes has no Function/Effect to the Game.

Update#1: The Minimal Screen Percentage address was wrong. I fixed it now.

Update#2: Added [CHROM AB] Chromatic Aberration.

Thanks. Could you update 60 FPS patch for v1.03 patch of Triangle Strategy?

Reactions: cobjak

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks. I enable that code but still FPS limit 30. I use Ryujinx.
I've put the file F7C20294EFF7E6FA.txt inside the folder ".\mods\contents\0100cc80140f8000\gfx cheats\cheats", located in your Ryujinx data folder.
Then I choose "Manage Cheats" by right clicking the game in the Ryujinx UI, and I choose whatever settings I want (you have the gfx settings instead of cheats, of course).

Attachments

• F7C20294EFF7E6FA.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 172

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks. I enable that code but still FPS limit 30. I use Ryujinx.
Another tip: if you have an nvidia video card, use the vulkan build, it has been pretty much completed in the last weeks (unless you're using AMD), and you'll avoid those fun spoiling shader stutters that plague the opengl build.
It's on https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/pull/2518

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've put the file F7C20294EFF7E6FA.txt inside the folder ".\mods\contents\0100cc80140f8000\gfx cheats\cheats", located in your Ryujinx data folder.
Then I choose "Manage Cheats" by right clicking the game in the Ryujinx UI, and I choose whatever settings I want (you have the gfx settings instead of cheats, of course).

Awesome!! Thanks it worked, silky smooth. I tried another 60 FPS code and it didn't work for some reason.

Another tip: if you have an nvidia video card, use the vulkan build, it has been pretty much completed in the last weeks (unless you're using AMD), and you'll avoid those fun spoiling shader stutters that plague the opengl build.
It's on https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/pull/2518

Ok, great thanks. With OpenGL I personally have not experienced shader compilation stuttering in this particular game, but I will keep this in mind for the future.

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome!! Thanks it worked, silky smooth. I tried another 60 FPS code and it didn't work for some reason.

Ok, great thanks. With OpenGL I personally have not experienced shader compilation stuttering in this particular game, but I will keep this in mind for the future.
I'm glad I could help you.
But here's where I am with the game's emulation: my best config for improving graphics is to choose the fixed default resolution in docked mode with the mod (as well as 60fps), and up the resolution to 3x with Ryujinx, the game looks gorgeous. HOWEVER, after a few minutes of testing during battle, the resolution goes back to native, making it blurry again...
So, I can't sustain the higher resolution during gameplay. If you find a solution, please tell me.

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I could help you.
But here's where I am with the game's emulation: my best config for improving graphics is to choose the fixed default resolution in docked mode with the mod (as well as 60fps), and up the resolution to 3x with Ryujinx, the game looks gorgeous. HOWEVER, after a few minutes of testing during battle, the resolution goes back to native, making it blurry again...
So, I can't sustain the higher resolution during gameplay. If you find a solution, please tell me.

I am familiar with the issue you are describing, I had this in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where game kept overriding the resolution at points, probably game dynamic res going haywire, I eventually found a fix for that game.

I am not sure if Triangle Strategy has exhibited this issue for me, I am leaning towards not. It is obvious in the worldmap, always looks super sharp and is consistently hugely better compared to default resolution (I am now in Chapter 12, this game is good). What I did is, 3x resolution scale in Ryujinx and then I am using for cheats only the 60 FPS cheat you provided me, but none of the other graphics cheats. Rather than use cheats, I used the configuration file from post #3 in this thread and installed that as a mod file into Ryujinx: mods\contents\0100cc80140f8000\romfs\Newera\Content\Paks\Newera-Switch_p.pak
Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: bored, guess i'll spread more democracy