ROM Hack Triangle Strategy modding

Niko_of_Death

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread for general Triangle Strategy modding - It seems the game scripting is done in Lua, so it should be fairly moddable in gameplay terms as well as the graphics tweaks that come with the territory in UE4.
I tried making a 60fps mod, but none of the settings I've tried (rhi.syncinterval=1 and t.maxfps=60) have gotten rid of the 30fps cap. I've attached a base setup for config mods, formatted folder-wise to be dropped right into the contents folder, only with the raw config files and lista.txt for packing them instead of a premade pak, since I haven't made much headway, as a lot of settings seem to be problematic (for example, TAA is overly blurry no matter what settings I use, extremely high or low screenpercentages dont seem to work - perhaps disabling dynamic resolution in settings isn't working, like with SMTV).
The game uses UE4.27, so use v11.27 of unrealpakswitch (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unpack-and-repack-unreal-engine-4-files.531784/) to unpack/repack.

Attachments

• 0100CC80140F8000.7z
    57.3 KB · Views: 320

kanelakis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thread for general Triangle Strategy modding - It seems the game scripting is done in Lua, so it should be fairly moddable in gameplay terms as well as the graphics tweaks that come with the territory in UE4.
I tried making a 60fps mod, but none of the settings I've tried (rhi.syncinterval=1 and t.maxfps=60) have gotten rid of the 30fps cap. I've attached a base setup for config mods, formatted folder-wise to be dropped right into the contents folder, only with the raw config files and lista.txt for packing them instead of a premade pak, since I haven't made much headway, as a lot of settings seem to be problematic (for example, TAA is overly blurry no matter what settings I use, extremely high or low screenpercentages dont seem to work - perhaps disabling dynamic resolution in settings isn't working, like with SMTV).
The game uses UE4.27, so use v11.27 of unrealpakswitch (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unpack-and-repack-unreal-engine-4-files.531784/) to unpack/repack.
Hi, how do I get it to work for game version 1.0.2 on Ryujinx?
I can improve the fps by removing vsync, but the graphics are dull or blurry.

Niko_of_Death

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, how do I get it to work for game version 1.0.2 on Ryujinx?
I can improve the fps by removing vsync, but the graphics are dull or blurry.
Try this. I tried pushing settings as high as I could, performance will be shit on real hardware if they all work.

Attachments

• 0100CC80140F8000-extreme.7z
    77.1 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: DJYDJYD

Niko_of_Death

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's one with toned down dof, and 100 screenpercentage instead of 200 (going by performance on my switch the 200 screenpercentage wasn't doing anything anyway) - going by real console performance the dof changes are the most expensive. This is still heavier DOF than default though.

Attachments

• 0100CC80140F8000-lessdof.7z
    77.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by Niko_of_Death,
Reactions: DJYDJYD

kanelakis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah then one thing I noticed in Ryujinx, it gave me vulkan with the previous versions, now it gives me GPU: Nvidia Corporation, will it be fixed in the future?

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Apparently if you're using Yuzu, all you need for 60FPS is unlocking framelimiter which can be done pressing CTRL+U (which will give you far more FPS, I'm getting about 300+ FPS on Ryzen 5950 and RTX 3080).
Just saying if someone didn't know that.

kanelakis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apparently if you're using Yuzu, all you need for 60FPS is unlocking framelimiter which can be done pressing CTRL+U (which will give you far more FPS, I'm getting about 300+ FPS on Ryzen 5950 and RTX 3080).
Just saying if someone didn't know that.
And 60 fps for ryujinx?

floxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
SwitchDeviceProfiles.ini is quite the mess, I just wanted to quickly disable TAA altogether and changed a -CVars instead of + 😄
I set AntiAliasingQuality=0 for now, so I can at least play it in handheld mode without getting eye cancer.

BTW why are they defining CVars for values already set at the exact same value in Engine.ini (like +CVars=r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2 and oddly only in the handheld profile) and the weirdest thing: Removing CVars and adding them again a couple lines below with the exact same value?! 😵

+CVars=r.TemporalAAFilterSize=0.01 looks very strange,

khuong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forced 60 fps or switch but it’s meh not sure hardware can do it.

Works well for yuzu and ryujinx though.. wish it was

Didn’t bother doing it once game came out only demo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome