Hardware Tri wing replacement?

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello, I want to replace my tri wing screws. Last time I ordered joy cons shells and these came with tri wing replacements. These were cross screws to replace the tri wing. The seller didn‘t response my message where to find these replacements. Can someone help me?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shell, eh? I just got an email from aliexpress five minutes ago saying my order has "arrived in my country". I can't wait to throw those ugly buttons in the trash and play with a proper d-pad. I've been negative about that since I got the console but I have to admit I didn't have any issues whatsoever playing Steamworld Dig 2 with the joystick. Maybe because it's a different platformer and not Shovel Knight. If I'm not satisfied with the actual plastic material surface on the clear shell I'm not going to bother swapping it though.

Oakmontowls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Justin20020

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Watch out. Test how soft the replacement screws are. Cheap screws from China can be so bad that the heads either break off (though only in extreme cases of cheapness) or the metal they used is too soft and strips very easily which can happen when using third party Joycon shells as I hear those don't have pre threaded screw holes so there will be a lot of extra torque needed to screw them in the first time. (I recommend screwing in the triwing screws first to thread the holes, then install the cheap replacement screws).

Assuming you prethread the screw holes I suppose it would be worth the risk finding third party replacements. :P

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Shell, eh? I just got an email from aliexpress five minutes ago saying my order has "arrived in my country". I can't wait to throw those ugly buttons in the trash and play with a proper d-pad. I've been negative about that since I got the console but I have to admit I didn't have any issues whatsoever playing Steamworld Dig 2 with the joystick. Maybe because it's a different platformer and not Shovel Knight. If I'm not satisfied with the actual plastic material surface on the clear shell I'm not going to bother swapping it though.
I don't have a transparent shell, but I am VERY happy with the material used on my white shells. Feels at least as solid as the official shells and nice matte finish.

98E794EB-CA46-4723-800D-FA194A24C61B.jpeg

Do you really need to replace the screws? How often are you planning to open the thing?

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: Justin20020

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes I need new screws. In the first attempt the right joy con didn‘t fit on my switch tablet. It was a bit above the side of the tablet. My screws (tri wing) are already a bit screwed. So, safety first before something go wrong.

Alright, Apache. I will go carefully on it. thank you

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I noticed now that my Purple and Green Splatoon shells are missing the buttons :P... so now they still have the blue and red buttons on the inside :blush:

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a transparent shell, but I am VERY happy with the material used on my white shells. Feels at least as solid as the official shells and nice matte finish.

View attachment 112606

Do you really need to replace the screws? How often are you planning to open the thing?

These clear ones don't have a matte surface but I have two switches and will do the swap anyways.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the triwing screws for the clear shell haven't been fit already so I've had to put them in halfway and taking them out and inserting them again. What a fucking pain. And the last screw is ruined and I can't get it out. Nightmare. Not a fan of the smooth coating and The D-pad isn't good at all. Clear shell going in the trash.

Last edited by isoboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse