Hacking Trauma Center New Blood Flickery Video

Nintynuts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normally my Wii runs beautifully on my pc monitor

I use a switcher box with my XBox 360, which outputs through VGA. Only 480p is supported by my monitor, incompatible signals usually result in a black screen and "Input Not Supported" message

Oddly only with this game loading it on System/Disc Default allows it to run but the video flickers vertically, making it REALLY fuzzy. I also get the "Input not supported" message at the same time.

I've tried Forcing all 3 modes and applying the VIDTV patch (although possibly not every combination, because I wasn't getting anywhere).

All modes seem to prevent the game from loading as I don't get an "Input not Supported" message and there's no audio.

I'm out of ideas on how to fix this, so any suggestions would be great.

FYI:
I'm using USB Loader GX (tried r849 and r921, i think)
The game is PAL and I bought it, then ripped it to a USB HDD.
Not had this problem on any other display (first time I tried to play it on my monitor)
I don't have this problem with any other games I've tried on this monitor.
I cant simply plug in a different monitor (a TV) because this is all I have.
If it makes any difference my monitor is an acer AL2216W

Nintynuts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course that may be possible, it' just odd it shows anything if it doesn't support it. also it's a nintendo published game and i thought they generally support all.

I thought maybe someone could check it's actual output formats on a normal monitor (tv) to see what does and doesn't work.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This reminds of my vdigi cable (link to the review I read before I bought one). I think the problem is that new blood is one of the few games that doesn't support 480p (as the reviewers mentions "almost every Wii game supports 480p...").

I admit: I don't know why your output is all fuzzy rather than not showing anything (I guess this feature was supposed to be supported but poorly tested). You could probably go for a refund if there's no solution. Or perhaps a NTSC version (for my gamecube games, I had to resort to NTSC ones, as nearly zero PAL games supported it).

As for solutions...it's a long shot, but maybe the gamecube option works as well: hold the B-button while the game is loading. Perhaps there will also pop up a menu that'll ask whether you want to enable progressive scanning (if so: click yes).

Nintynuts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
maybe the gamecube option works as well: hold the B-button while the game is loading

This reminded me of that, so I tried Chibi Robo and Wind Waker and they do the exact same thing (loading Original Disc)

Animal crossing did nothing (Supposed to support 480p but who knows...)

It seems this has nothing to do with the USB Loader, possibly my monitor or some other hardware.

So maybe a moderator could move this thread somewhere more appropriate

Regardless, it seems VERY strange that my Wii's output is normal most of the time (menus and other Wii games) but does this flickery thing with GC games and Trauma Center New Blood

Keep the ideas coming

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintynuts said:
Animal crossing did nothing (Supposed to support 480p but who knows...)
Does it say that on the box? The review contains a link to supported games, but as I found out the hard way: that one only lists NTSC versions (PAL wind waker and metroid prime black screened on me...the 'holding B' only worked on NTSC versions).

I don't know which kind of cable you have, but I suspect it has this same issue: that it simply doesn't support 480p (or only faulty?). That would make it a hardware error.

In further bad news: I never managed to 'fix' it. But then again, aside from trying to force all sorts of video modes, I try very hard. After all, I knew about this flaw when I bought it.

Nintynuts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way this is Animal Crossing for GC, not Animal Crossing City Folk I'm talking about.

I don't have the box here so I cant check, but I found a site listing compatibility and it had Animal Crossing by NOA and NOE there.

PAL Wind Waker definitely gave me some video feed when holding B, so it's not just NTSC that has the feature.

It may have given me an option on the screen but I wouldn't have know.

As for faulty hardware, I had a problem a while back where NOTHING was coming up, regardless of format, but as i've said it only messes up on certain games and the rest of the time it's perfect. i would have thought a faulty cable would show less consistent fuzziness and be more general than specific.

Anyway, the Composite cable is all I have right now which I can use, so I cant test any other cables.

I might try and borrow a monitor and see if that makes a difference however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30