Translations Megaman Starforce 3

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by robinson, May 10, 2014.

1. robinson
    OP

robinson Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2013
    Venezuela
    Hello everyone as I liked and I feel like I am megaman translate clear as the current leader of the translations of inazuma eleven 3 the ogre

The problem is I asked for serious help but doing lot Not Given me answers

When you open the game with a hex editor game text out uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu puree and can not see the text

They have a solution, please help XD

In google translator xddd

2. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    wut

SignZ, Mirby, Skelletonike and 5 others like this.
  3. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012

DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR

As bad as your English may be, try writing what you want to say by yourself.
    What you wrote is something no one can understand.

Phoenix Goddess likes this.
  4. Kelebek

Kelebek GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2012
    Very weird format that I don't get at all. If it was just mapping to their font then you'd at least expect the characters to be in order, but no. 1d55 is H, but 1e55 is K and 1b55 is N. NO SENSE!

The bin starts off simply with each GSM table entry as 2 dwords, start and length.

For the GSM tables themselves, they all seem to start " GSM" followed by 0x00 0x01. Then there's a word for the entry count. Then a word which always points to one of the entries, but I don't know why. An FFFF marks the end of the header. I haven't seen a header longer (or shorter) than 0xC.

Following the header, every entry is split into 2 words. Start position (from the start of the table) and length(-2?)/2.

For the text itself, second byte as B9 acts as a control, 54b9 has the next word as the character portrait, 57b9 for the end of a textbox and the start of a new one (doesn't take an extra 2 bytes). 55b9 just starts the textbox I think, and is followed by 5555. If you remove the 55b9, that script entry is just skipped over. Changing the second word to anything but 5555 just makes the game get stuck and the textbox doesn't appear.

I have no idea at all what the xxb4 codes do, seem to have some sort of effect on the text, like display speed.

So here's what I've found so far for characters:

I'll leave the rest for you to find. There's your capitals, lowercase, punctuation and some text control at any rate.

So what you'll need to do is basically make an array for looking up and swapping the characters you want when you extract/insert.

5. rastsan

rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard,

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    its reversed. try 5522 = w
    or 5523=v
    okay. it just a reversed unicode table. this isn't the only game that has this.