[Translation] Zombie Daisuki

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by T-Tudor, Sep 19, 2014.

1. T-Tudor
    OP

T-Tudor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2009
    Moldova
    Chisinau
    [​IMG]
    About this game:
    Zombie Daisuki is an action game developed by ChunSoft (Official site|YouTube).
    It was released on 20.01.2011 in Japan.

About this project:
    After finishing another project, I was looking for another game to translate, to kill some time. So I found Zombie Daisuki, and I also found that there were some other attempts to translate this game(link|link), but, unfortunately, they were never finished. So I decided to give it a try myself, since almost all the text in the game is in binary and .ini files, and can be viewed with hex/text editors.

Note: The purpose of this project is not do a 100% precise, literal translation, but rather a translation that will let you to understand the game while playing through the main story.

This is a partial translation. There are still some grammar and spelling mistakes.

Things that are not translated:
    • Multiplayer minigames;
    • Items, Stages and Characters' description(a lot of text that is not crucial for game completion);
    • Zombies' profile description;
    • Sub-Quests' description(I've translated some, but then gave up on them, as I hadn't much free time);
    • Same menues (I couldn't get my hands on graphics files).
    *Don't worry about Sub-Quests, the description only holds a mini-story for each sub-quest, their objectives will still be translated.

Screenshots:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

How to patch:
    1.Download xdelta UI
    2.Open xdelta UI.exe
    3.Select patch
    4.Select your clean ROM
    6.Choose output name
    7.Hit Patch

Download Links:
    Filetrip | Mediafire

My other projects:
    Puzzle Series Vol. 5 - Slither Link Translation
    Puzzle Series Vol. 12 - Akari Translation

Last edited by T-Tudor, May 26, 2017
  2. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    The hell's this?

>Wathes vid

My sides are in orbit! The font makes me remember of Boktai's english font.

3. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    Looks like you picked another gem to translate.

4. pr0xy

pr0xy Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    Wow this looks really fun. Can't wait to give it a shot. Thanks so much for doing this one. Keep up the great work.

5. dude1709

dude1709 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2006
    Australia
    T-Tudor, how far is the progress mate?

6. T-Tudor
    OP

T-Tudor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2009
    Moldova
    Chisinau
    I've done most of the work last year, but had to stop since I didn't have much time because of studying. I wasn't going to work this project anymore, so I decided to do some fixes and release a patch.

Patch Released. Check first post for download links.

This is a partial translation and there are some grammar and spelling mistakes so don't bother to report them since I don't plan on updating the patch (except if there are crashes).

7. Tesslaa

Tesslaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    Im having trouble applying the patch on my ROM, the extension of the patch is .xdelta but when I click ''patch'' I encounter an error that says that if I click continue, it will ignore the error and try to continue but it doesn't do nothing. Someone can help? (Pd: I have watched several videos and the patch has a .patch extension so I dont know what to do)

8. T-Tudor
    OP

T-Tudor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2009
    Moldova
    Chisinau
    What error do you get under the message that if you click continue, the error will be ignored?

9. Tesslaa

Tesslaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
  10. T-Tudor
    OP

T-Tudor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2009
    Moldova
    Chisinau
    It seems it doesn't have access to some file. Can you try the patching from the beginning. Make sure to unpack the patch and xdeltaUI in folder that is not on the disk C. That includes the desktop.
    Also you could try to run xdeltaUI as administrator.

Tesslaa likes this.
  11. Tesslaa

Tesslaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    It worked :rofl2::rofl2: