Not open for further replies.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may sound wierd, but i am requesting a translation for Pokemon Platinum(releases on sunday, possibly sooner), and with all the new features this game has, including battle frontier, better online matches, and wi-fi minigames. It should atleast get a decent translation (Maybe Pokemon Names, Natures, Attack Names, and Menu's?). I would be willing to help in anyway possible (have no hacking experience @_@).

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should have read the stickied topic called "Request a translation, the right way".

A) This game has not even been released yet (stating that you know that it's unreleased doesn't matter)
B) This game is definitely going to come out in English.
C) This game is definitely going to come out in English.
D) This game is definitely going to come out in English.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well sorry >_>, and still, it wont be here for atleast 6 months, pokemon ranger is just coming in november after being out 6+ months. Not like im requesting something epic like a full translation.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
I know this may sound wierd, but i am requesting a translation for Pokemon Platinum(releases on sunday, possibly sooner), and with all the new features this game has, including battle frontier, better online matches, and wi-fi minigames. It should atleast get a decent translation (Maybe Pokemon Names, Natures, Attack Names, and Menu's?). I would be willing to help in anyway possible (have no hacking experience @_@).
1. You spelled wierd wrong. Weird is the word you are looking for.
2. If somebody does a translation, it includes EVERYTHING. So you are trying to make a request similar to this:
Can anyone make a translation of FFXIII when it comes out including the names, skills, script, menu, and everything else???
You don't need to LIST what you want translated. Translating a game means to translate the game.

3. So what is a non-decent translation? No names, no natures, no attack names, and no menus?
then whats left? the script? so doing the script is a non-decent translation?

4. You don't need a hacking experience to help (we don't need you to hack our computers) but you should have ROM hacking experiences to help.
and btw, if you don't know any Japanese or rom hacking, how will you help? google translation? that's even worse. Comparing to the english versions of D/P for a translation? well we can do that ourselves. So you've got nothing to do.
go read beginner's guide in romhacking.net and start a translation. Then WE will help.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Psycoblaster you are totally right.
Also it shouldn't be so hard to play the game in Japanese.Why do you want the pokemon names translated? They're kinda useless if you can see the actual pokemon sprites.Don't tell me you can't recognise Pikachu or Bulbasaur with their names in Japanese.

I can't say more because I don't want my warn increased *again*
rofl.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
Psycoblaster you are totally right.
Also it shouldn't be so hard to play the game in Japanese.Why do you want the pokemon names translated? They're kinda useless if you can see the actual pokemon sprites.Don't tell me you can't recognise Pikachu or Bulbasaur with their names in Japanese.

I can't say more because I don't want my warn increased *again*
rofl.gif
exactly what I mean.

The menus and everything will probably be the same as D/P.
I mean - pokemon fans should probably know ALL of the pokemon's names.
(well i'm not a fan so all I know is like Pikachu)
And go to the summary page, and when you compare it with D/P, you'll know what it means.
items have icons so those can be easily noticed, too.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truly i have barely enough time on my hands as it is, so i would not be able to help at all.
If i wasnt a senior in high school, i would gladly help, but my free time is already hectic as it is

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
then why request?
It's bad to give someone a job that benefits you, while you can do it yourself. If you don't have the time, don't.
Seriously, I don't think this game needs a translation anyways. I mean - it's pokemon. What else do you do instead of using tackle against your rival and throwing all types of balls at pokemon and going through 8 gym leaders, then facing the elite 4 which is actually more than 4?`

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Truly i have barely enough time on my hands as it is, so i would not be able to help at all.
If i wasnt a senior in high school, i would gladly help, but my free time is already hectic as it is

Yeah man, high school's tough. It's not like college or having a job where you can shoot the shit all day.

Oh wait.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
kikuchiyo said:
dgwillia said:

Yeah man, high school's tough. It's not like college or having a job where you can shoot the shit all day.

Oh wait.
High school here is pretty easy
biggrin.gif

I had not studied at all for the whole year last year.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i got 2 of the hardest teachers >_>, on of which gave us a 3 page essay within the first 30 minutes on the first day of school >_>, and the other who swamps us with homework every night.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think an open translation project seems good, so all a hacker needs to do is make some sort of wiki or something where everyone can help translate, I would even start on learning rom hacking if anyone agrees with me
smile.gif

Tragoedia181

B*tch I Look Like Goku!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokemongalaxy said:
I think an open translation project seems good, so all a hacker needs to do is make some sort of wiki or something where everyone can help translate, I would even start on learning rom hacking if anyone agrees with me
smile.gif
same with me if someone does start a open translation

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheBestNaruto101 said:
pokemongalaxy said:
smile.gif
same with me if someone does start a open translation

thanks for agreeing, just a question: how hard is it to hack a rom and get all the script needed to translate for an open trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1