ROM Hack Translating Rosario + vampire ds game

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good news i now have a reliable 3g internet connection that i can download crap from,so ill be able to work on this a bit faster (or alot faster)
sorry if this is a little of topic. now im looking for an english version of cristal tile2 and if Rastsan is right (he probly is) then i should be able to easily translate the menu and have it work. and once agane thank you for your support.(update) got the latst version of ct2 so ill get bac to work

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for double poasting but. i am making a menu translation patch. Rastsan had a big part of this (getting compressions to work and all that) i think i posted a pic (first time potin a picture online) it ttook me 5 minets to do the top button so it might not look to great but its there.
yaynds.gif
i will try to have this done... hold on a sec for a screen shot i F ed up. . . ok um i dont know how to post the actual pic but heres the url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63750894@N08/.../in/photostream

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
well I finally got curious so I started watching the anime. If you need help with the graphics let me know. Also if you need more help...
you goto read the manga dude theres way more to the story. (once i started reading it i got hooked)the anime isent bad though. and all help is welcome

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the anime is mor efun and more echi-y than the manga

but the manga has way more content,altough it still loses to the anime in the poparts that every manga loses to it's anime counterpart (qction scenes and colors)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true true...
closedeyes.gif

any way the main menu is prety much done (minor glitch with one of the buttons... but theres nuthing mutch i can do about it currently)
i posted a pic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/63750894@N08/.../in/photostream

i am currently working on changing the names (tuskune and Moka are done) oh that reminds me does anybody know the names of the two new Characters?
unsure.gif

the girl with the green hair
and the guy with the orange shirt and the feathered neclace...
anyone?... never mind found there names in the narc filles ( i feel like a dumb a$$) lol
anyway please tell me what you think of my work so far in the screanshots in the link above. let me know if it Rocks/sucks. feed back is alwase welcome.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
what font are you using to edit the images?

(currently doing the names - adv_lz7.narc)
cannot identify them all send you a pm with the bmp...

Before I do I should ask what you would like done?

zedigalis

Trophies
Website
zedsdomain.getenjoyment.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have no experience with rom hacking but I do have alot of experience in making custom programs in Visual Basic, and working with hex files (i just did both in my last project which was a diablo 2 character editor). I dont know if I can be any help but if there is anything you need that I can do I will not hesitate to help! I would love to see this game translated!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Aside from the font I can't think of anything... we have batchlz7 for the narc's. So its just making the table file and or editing the font.

At first glance it looks like a custom graphic system but there is just a continual offset shift of 4 (if the graphics are stacked together in the same file).
We know it uses gba4bpp and gba8bpp

Since we haven't figures out the table yet we don't know how the script is stored so maybe later if your interested in building an inserter....

I wonder if leion8000 can think of anything?

thanks

tehwes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game has multiple encoding tables. Different control codes for different files, and some overlap with kanji on one table and control codes on another.

The story text is in adv_msg.bb (the .mpc files inside it) — almost 14000 lines in there. There's some other files inside other .bb files and .narc files; it's spread out so that each mini game has its own text (and encoding table /sigh).

Anyway I've been working on a tool for this game for a while. It has packing/unpacking for .bb and .bac, and script dumping/inserting for .mpc files. There's a few problems that I haven't fixed with mpc files, but it works for the main script. AFAICT the only character it affects in the main script is 琳, which is dumped (and inserted) as [EL] in files that use [EL2]. Just imagine it's 琳 when you're translating. You'll see what I mean when you look at the files...

The other incomplete thing is the insertion of strings with more than 2 lines (i.e. all the minigames, since they're sets of giant 5+ line strings).

If anyone is serious about translating this fully, I'll fix the other things at some point. But like I said, there's 14000 lines to go with before needing to touch the minigames, and you should be able to easily do all the graphics that aren't in minigames (parts of their tutorials are in bbg format).

http://www.mediafire.com/?vppif1yqi6spoax
^ Make sure you look at the readme. There's also some file format notes and lists in there (boring stuff...)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the tool it will help alot i read through the readme...when i saw you poast a was very suprised that some one made a tool for this. once agane thank you ther is a translator i know that is more than willing to translate the text... his nick name is Webyugioh...

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i respectfully request more translators
if you read the other posts you know there are alot of lines to go over (14000+). the more translators that are working on this the faster this will be done.
just let me know and ill send you a .txt file with some of the script on it. pm me if you are interested, and thank you for your time.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
heh..i could search every part of the game that has 'mizore' written on it..since it's the only japanese word i know in ay dialet besides romaji...(joking)
well,but could you do me a favor TC?

..what's the name of the 2 new chars introduced in the game?since tsukune sometimes says,i have kind of an idea aout the girl,but that other guy...

and how's going the translation in general?tooo many difficult parts or you just need to translate down the text and check for glitches (and do the same for minigames,...going to be the hardest part,i think)

leion8000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guedesbrawl said:
heh..i could search every part of the game that has 'mizore' written on it..since it's the only japanese word i know in ay dialet besides romaji...(joking)
well,but could you do me a favor TC?

..what's the name of the 2 new chars introduced in the game?since tsukune sometimes says,i have kind of an idea aout the girl,but that other guy...

and how's going the translation in general?tooo many difficult parts or you just need to translate down the text and check for glitches (and do the same for minigames,...going to be the hardest part,i think)

the two new chars are
Kotori (girl)
Natsuhiko(boy)

as for the overall translation here is my estimet

grafix: (40%)
text: about 150 lines out of 14000
mini games: (0%)
its slow going but it will get done ...eventualy

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ah,good,good.

thank you very much for your work!

but,did you chenge the font-style you were using in the screenshot you posted?

and also,if you ever need a bta-tester for this game,i can do the job,just PM me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1