.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This forum (as with most forums) is mostly male, and has a decent amount of older members, so I'm guessing around 90% of the members here are or were transformer fans at some point.

I saw the movie tonight with my friends, and I don't often think the movie was worth the $15 ticket, even though we got shafted with front row seats (bought our tickets 6 hours early too
wtf.gif
) it was worth it.
The theatre was around 90% male, and some of them actually yelled out "YEAH" at certain points, some parts are a little cheesy, but completely tolerable, it's a really awesome movie, you have to go see it
bow.gif

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm gonna check it out but I've seen some of the trailers and there are some scenes that look sooooooo cheesy- like when this kid gets bumblebee as a new car from his dad - and just the dialogue with his father!! corny!

Anyway, it still looks sweet. I hope they focus more on the story of the transformers instead of a story from a human's perspective.

I'll just have to wait till 27th to find out

peace

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. I'll try to lower that 90% male ratio
tongue.gif

I think human's perspective isn't that bad. It's a disaster + sci-fi movie feel which I read from imdb is what the director wanted.
Looks like it's released next Monday in Canada... Wait WTH since when movies like this don't aim for Thursday release? Or is releasing Thursday not a big deal in North America?

I love your sig megatron_lives, glad that doesn't look any close to my onyx DS lite.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not a big Transformers fan. I mean, I remember watching the show when I was a kid, and I'm definitly going to see the movie!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The good thing is Transformers have Linkin Park in soundtrack
tongue.gif

that's a good thing? To each their own
tongue.gif

I'm trying to reserve judgement on the film until I see it obviously, but the fact that the trailers looked poor, and it's directed by Michael "Pearl harbor" Bay is a worry. Would be interesting to see what the fans of the animated movie thought of the live action film

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the 80's Transformers, which are actually coming back as I've seen a ton of merchandise for the old the series.

The trailer for the film made this look terrible for me but the reviews I've read have been very good, this is from those more snobby reviewers. The worst score I've seen so far is 3/5!

The new Die Hard is apparently also getting some great scores so I'll watch that one and maybe Transformers when theres not much out to watch.

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
and fyi, the new toys are terrible (we had to kill some time before the movie started so we checked them out)
seriously, they are an absolute disgrace, half of them don't even transform, it's pathetic

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
they are an absolute disgrace, half of them don't even transform
blink.gif

They wouldn't...
That would be retarded...

Non-transforming Transformers?
ohmy.gif

(Sung to the melody of "The decomposing composers" by Monty Python)

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I love your sig megatron_lives, glad that doesn't look any close to my onyx DS lite.

Thanks alot! Don't worry about your DS megatron would never destroy a DS lite!
biggrin.gif

Also I've seen the toy adverts and the toys do look retarded! And if some don't transform then that is the most stupid thing I've heard since...... ever!

Could be worse - I remember in G1 of transformers there were three transformers that combined (Somehow!) to make a small camera!?!?!?! So "three" oversize robots make "one" attractive pocket-sized camera. Thinking about this makes my head hurt!

The only thing I would have liked to have seen is Unicron in the new movie, but they've been there, done that etc. so no luck!

Peace

PS On a side note, what other childhood cartoon classics do you guys think could be brought back from the ashes of time to be restored on the big screen? I'd say Visonaries - if anyone remembers it that is!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
PS On a side note, what other childhood cartoon classics do you guys think could be brought back from the ashes of time to be restored on the big screen? I'd say Visonaries - if anyone remembers it that is!

I'd love to see Warner Bros. put some money into an updated Looney Toons movie. Say maybe an emo/goth lookin' Daffy finally getting the 1-up on Bugs. I'd pay to see that, hell, I'd even buy overpriced popcorn.

PS On a side note, I never bought a Transformer, but I still got my cool GoBot, Psycho.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
): The movie doesn't come out until July 3rd/4th here, but I know that I will see it on one of those days because my little brother is being rather insistant about it (we saw Fantastic Four yesterday and there was a trailer for Transformers, and all he talked about was that trailer >_>') But it looks good. I look forward to seeing it myself.

I don't really watch TV so I haven't seen anything about the toys so I can't rant on those
unsure.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Along with ghostbusters it was transformers for me way back when, not seen the film yet but have all the western cartoons (broadcast/vhs version) for watching.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares about Transformers, this is the real reason to see it:
meganfox.jpg

tn2_megan_fox_3.jpg

megan-fox-fhm-3.jpg

Personally I won't.

Edit: Added a new sexier photo.

blue99

The Original Fake
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to watch it, but then I wasted most of my free movie passes on Spider-Man 3 and PotC3
frown.gif

Does the Transformers in this movie, really have lips?

saitou187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway