Transformers

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by .TakaM, Jun 28, 2007.

Jun 28, 2007

Transformers by .TakaM at 2:20 PM (2,811 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. .TakaM
    OP

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    This forum (as with most forums) is mostly male, and has a decent amount of older members, so I'm guessing around 90% of the members here are or were transformer fans at some point.

I saw the movie tonight with my friends, and I don't often think the movie was worth the $15 ticket, even though we got shafted with front row seats (bought our tickets 6 hours early too [​IMG] ) it was worth it.
    The theatre was around 90% male, and some of them actually yelled out "YEAH" at certain points, some parts are a little cheesy, but completely tolerable, it's a really awesome movie, you have to go see it [​IMG]

2. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm gonna check it out but I've seen some of the trailers and there are some scenes that look sooooooo cheesy- like when this kid gets bumblebee as a new car from his dad - and just the dialogue with his father!! corny!

Anyway, it still looks sweet. I hope they focus more on the story of the transformers instead of a story from a human's perspective.

I'll just have to wait till 27th to find out

peace

3. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i have to wait until august to watch it in cinemas here in japan. which totally sucks.

but i cant wait for that as well.

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Interesting. I'll try to lower that 90% male ratio [​IMG]
    I think human's perspective isn't that bad. It's a disaster + sci-fi movie feel which I read from imdb is what the director wanted.
    Looks like it's released next Monday in Canada... Wait WTH since when movies like this don't aim for Thursday release? Or is releasing Thursday not a big deal in North America?

I love your sig megatron_lives, glad that doesn't look any close to my onyx DS lite.

5. GeekShadow

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
    Cinema of my city is close for holidays... it re-open for july 18th :'(

The good thing is Transformers have Linkin Park in soundtrack [​IMG]

6. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I'm not a big Transformers fan. I mean, I remember watching the show when I was a kid, and I'm definitly going to see the movie!

7. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    that's a good thing? To each their own [​IMG]

I'm trying to reserve judgement on the film until I see it obviously, but the fact that the trailers looked poor, and it's directed by Michael "Pearl harbor" Bay is a worry. Would be interesting to see what the fans of the animated movie thought of the live action film

8. .TakaM
    OP

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I guess it was more from the humans perspective, I don't think it was really an issue..
    optimus does all the narrating if I recall correctly

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I prefer the 80's Transformers, which are actually coming back as I've seen a ton of merchandise for the old the series.

The trailer for the film made this look terrible for me but the reviews I've read have been very good, this is from those more snobby reviewers. The worst score I've seen so far is 3/5!

The new Die Hard is apparently also getting some great scores so I'll watch that one and maybe Transformers when theres not much out to watch.

10. .TakaM
    OP

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    and fyi, the new toys are terrible (we had to kill some time before the movie started so we checked them out)
    seriously, they are an absolute disgrace, half of them don't even transform, it's pathetic

11. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    [​IMG]

They wouldn't...
    That would be retarded...

Non-transforming Transformers? [​IMG]

(Sung to the melody of "The decomposing composers" by Monty Python)

12. Gayle

Newcomer Gayle Member

United States
    This image pretty much sums up how I feel about that movie.
    [​IMG]

13. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks alot! Don't worry about your DS megatron would never destroy a DS lite! [​IMG]

Also I've seen the toy adverts and the toys do look retarded! And if some don't transform then that is the most stupid thing I've heard since...... ever!

Could be worse - I remember in G1 of transformers there were three transformers that combined (Somehow!) to make a small camera!?!?!?! So "three" oversize robots make "one" attractive pocket-sized camera. Thinking about this makes my head hurt!

The only thing I would have liked to have seen is Unicron in the new movie, but they've been there, done that etc. so no luck!

Peace

PS On a side note, what other childhood cartoon classics do you guys think could be brought back from the ashes of time to be restored on the big screen? I'd say Visonaries - if anyone remembers it that is!

14. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I'd love to see Warner Bros. put some money into an updated Looney Toons movie. Say maybe an emo/goth lookin' Daffy finally getting the 1-up on Bugs. I'd pay to see that, hell, I'd even buy overpriced popcorn.

PS On a side note, I never bought a Transformer, but I still got my cool GoBot, Psycho.

15. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    Thundercats
    Dungeons and Dragons
    Visionaries
    Centurians
    Pole POsition

that's off the top of my head that could do movie adaptations

16. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    ): The movie doesn't come out until July 3rd/4th here, but I know that I will see it on one of those days because my little brother is being rather insistant about it (we saw Fantastic Four yesterday and there was a trailer for Transformers, and all he talked about was that trailer >_>') But it looks good. I look forward to seeing it myself.

I don't really watch TV so I haven't seen anything about the toys so I can't rant on those [​IMG]

17. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Along with ghostbusters it was transformers for me way back when, not seen the film yet but have all the western cartoons (broadcast/vhs version) for watching.

18. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Who cares about Transformers, this is the real reason to see it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally I won't.

Edit: Added a new sexier photo.

19. blue99

Member blue99 The Original Fake

Canada
    I was going to watch it, but then I wasted most of my free movie passes on Spider-Man 3 and PotC3 [​IMG]

Does the Transformers in this movie, really have lips?

20. saitou187

Newcomer saitou187 Newbie

United States