Hacking Transferring Vita game from PS3 to Vita

macschwag14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the Vita scene and just wanted to make sure that I'm understanding everything correctly before I do something stupid/catastrophic. I looked through the Noob Guide but didn't see this question.

I have a purchased copy of Axiom Verge that I would like to move to my Vita, which is currently on Henkaku (I haven't installed Henkaku Enso on it yet). Is transferring this game and others to my Henkaku-ed Vita as simple as downloading the Vita games from PSN to my old PS3 (currently unhacked and on a firmware that needs to be updated), and then using the Vita cable to connect them both and transfer the game? It just seems too easy.

Thanks for the help, and I'm open to other suggestions if there are better ones.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're somehow able to download games on that PS3 that's outdated, then it should work.
See this guide:
https://www.guidingtech.com/33939/transfer-games-hacked-ps-vita/
Look for the second method called "Transfer Using Your PS3."

When did he say his Vita isn't activated?

I never implied that his vita was deactivated, as of of enso release july 27, 2017 (Note the article you cited was published on july 7) Sony messed up system activation.

But why would this affect him? Well you see, every game downloaded from PSN needs to have a valid livense, that license gets generated when the game is transfered from the PS3 and installed on the Vita by system activation... That's reason why downloading a game and tranfering with a PS3 + qcma activate outdated vitas in the past was a thing.

Since Sony messed up system activation that means that he can't transfer the game via PS3 + QCMA, even if his vita is activated.

So yeah... that's outdated information you provided right there :P

Reactions: macschwag14

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I never implied that his vita was deactivated, as of of enso release july 27, 2017 (Note the article you cited was published on july 7) Sony messed up system activation.

But why would this affect him? Well you see, every game downloaded from PSN needs to have a valid livense, that license gets generated when the game is transfered from the PS3 and installed on the Vita by system activation... That's reason why downloading a game and tranfering with a PS3 + qcma activate outdated vitas in the past was a thing.

Since Sony messed up system activation that means that he can't transfer the game via PS3 + QCMA, even if his vita is activated.

So yeah... that's outdated information you provided right there :P
This is only valid if he goes online, if you never went online/connected to PSN with your Vita after Enso launched it'd still be activated.

@OP, check and see if you're still activated. You can do this by looking for the activation files on your Vita. The main one you'll want to find is your act.dat, which is stored here: tm0:/npdrm/act.dat

If it's bigger than a few kbs, you're still activated. In this case, as long as your PS3 and your Vita are offline, you should be able to transfer the game to your Vita via your PS3. I would recommend backing up your activation files if this is the case.

tm0:/npdrm/act.dat
vd0:/registry/system.dreg
vd0:/registry/system.ireg

^ Would be the files you want to backup if activated.

Reactions: Deleted User

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is only valid if he goes online, if you never went online/connected to PSN with your Vita after Enso launched it'd still be activated.

@OP, check and see if you're still activated. You can do this by looking for the activation files on your Vita. The main one you'll want to find is your act.dat, which is stored here: tm0:/npdrm/act.dat

If it's bigger than a few kbs, you're still activated. In this case, as long as your PS3 and your Vita are offline, you should be able to transfer the game to your Vita via your PS3. I would recommend backing up your activation files if this is the case.

tm0:/npdrm/act.dat
vd0:/registry/system.dreg
vd0:/registry/system.ireg

^ Would be the files you want to backup if activated.
What @Tony_93 above said is true. I recently tried transferring some games I downloaded on my PS3 to the Vita (which was activated), and it didn't work. I then replaced the files I had backed up a while before (thanks to AccountSwitcher), and it still wouldn't transfer, even though both the PS3 and Vita were offline.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk