Hacking Transferring legit and clean CIA with System Transfer - Do I got this right?

axlegear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just tried and installed Mario Kart 7 legit CIA on my CFW.
But when booting in sysNand, the game will not boot, it says I have to download it again from eShop.
How to get the ticket.db from the CFW to the sysNand?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you are feeling brave, you can try to extract the cfw nand and inject it via the gateway menu. Dunno how to do that tough.. :/

axlegear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wouldn't be too dangerous to inject a CFW nand on sysNand?
I don't have an hardware flasher in case something goes bad.

axlegear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks again.
But as of now I was thinking:
wouldn't be just more SECURE if I follow the guide to move an eshop content, but instead of moving it into sysNand, moving it from CFW into another updateable emuNand, and then just transfer the data to the other 3DS? This way my sysNand will be untouched, and there will be no risk of bricking?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, so I have a standard 3DS on 4.5 EUR FW, in which I installed the 4.5 CFW.
I also installed some CIAs with success.

I have another 3DS XL model on last original FW, which is my main system for retail games and in which is
stored all my data.
I DO NOT have a Gateway or Sky3DS(and don't intend to buy one).

Can you help me figure if the next steps are correct, one by one?

1) By using BigBlueMenu, I may install a clean and legit CIA of a game that comes bundled with 3DS systems on my 4.5 CFW 3DS, like Mario Kart, so that is supposed to work in SysNand.
2) Then, with my equipment and WITHOUT a gateway, I can make and update an emuNand on my 4.5 old 3DS in which this Mario Kart legit CIA installed will run.
3) Then, I can do a System Transfer from my OFW 3DS XL, and the Mario Kart CIA will be added to my eShop
account on the emuNand of the old 3DS.
4) After 7 days will pass, I can System Transfer back from my 4.5 old 3DS on emuNand TO my 3DS XL
maintaining a copy of Mario Kart transferred on my legit 3DS XL on OFW.

Is that possible, and are the steps correct?
I had this thought myself about a week ago. I think it should be possible to system transfer a bundled game that you installed as a CIA, but it might be possible that bundled games are actually linked to the console's eShop account out of the box and it does not go only by the presence of the game on the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: