Hacking transferring GBA saves help

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently found a GBA sav file here in the downloads section of The legend of zelda link to the past an reliezed that i've never played the four swords adventure in the game now i don't have 4 GBA's i don't even have one all i have is a NDS and i want to transfer it to my micro SD but everytime i do it won't read the save it's just blank can anyone help me out on how to transfer the save to my card so i can play the extra doungens on my DS. oh yeah i have a R4 + EZ flash V expansion pack with roudolphs expansion tool 1.9d

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you use one of the .sav files? The .sps files won't work without being converted.

Did you rename the file to match the rom's filename? If the rom is "Zelda - Four Swords.nds" the save should be named "Zelda - Four Swords.sav".

Edit: The .sav files are broken, but I think I can fix them. I'll try, and post the fixed files if I succeed.

Edit #2: Success! Download link: http://www.zshare.net/download/6389515872cff7/

HEARDATBEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tried it in an emulator and it worked so but when i put it in my DS the game didn't read the save so i ask, do i copy the game to the expansion pack first then replace the sav file or do i add the sav first then i load it into the expansion pack and yes i did rename the save to match the game

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to use the fixed saves I posted, even if the originals work in an emulator.

If you are running the game from PSRAM, manually back up the current save before you put the new one on the memory card (press B in PSRAM mode in the 3in1 ExpPack Tool).

If you're running the game from NOR, write the game to NOR if it isn't already there, then put the save file on the card. Start the 3in1 ExpPack Tool, go into NOR mode, and press Y to copy the save from the file to the 3-in-1.

If you still have problems, run a different game on the 3-in-1 in whichever mode you want to use for Zelda (PSRAM or NOR), then delete the Zelda save file from the memory card. The zelda save file the 3in1 ExpPack Tool created automatically will have a name like "GBAZELDA AZLE.SAV" or something like that, it won't be the same as the rom filename. After that, put the save file you want to use on the memory card and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-