Hacking Question Transferring Emunand to a New Switch?

Advanced User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately my CFW Switch has a slight defect, and I'm not sure if it's worth to have it fixed instead of just buying another used one.
So I was wondering, is there a known way to transfer the emunand to another system? I have backups of everything, including the keys.
I couldn't find anything regarding this, so I presume the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask. :)
Thank you for your time!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately my CFW Switch has a slight defect, and I'm not sure if it's worth to have it fixed instead of just buying another used one.
So I was wondering, is there a known way to transfer the emunand to another system? I have backups of everything, including the keys.
I couldn't find anything regarding this, so I presume the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask. :)
Thank you for your time!
No there is not a way to do this uneak keys per system so your just going to have to start a new

Reactions: Advanced User

Advanced User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Yeah, while technically it should be doable if you have the keys of both systems, seems no-one has bothered to look into it.

Advanced User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I know they have unique keys, that's why I mentioned I have the keys of the old system. So if you could inject the new keys into the old emunand (and/or decrypt/reencrypt it), it would be possible.
Like I said, while it's probably doable, apparently no-one with the necessary know-how has taken an interest.

Last edited by Advanced User,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know they have unique keys, that's why I mentioned I have the keys of the old system. So if you could inject the new keys into the old emunand (and/or decrypt/reencrypt it), it would be possible.
Like I said, while it's probably doable, no-one with the necessary know-how has looked into it.

Who said it was doable, the keys for each system are unique, that why you can't use NAND from one system on another.

Advanced User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why wouldn't it be possible? If you have the unique keys and know how it works, you can decrypt it, and then reencypt it using the keys of the new system.

Last edited by Advanced User,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't it be possible? If you have the unique keys and know how it works, you can decrypt it, and then reencypt it using the keys of the new system.

Because keys like bis_key, device key are console specific, and NAND backup are also console specific, since we are talking about an emunand, just backup your save and move them.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't want to try this because I suspect it'll cause a brick.

But I have 1 banned switch and 1 not banned. Could I restore a nand from my unbanned switch and un-ban the other console? I doubt it loads of people will have tried it.

In theory even if you could there would be no way to publicly share the nand. Nintendo would ban straight away. Plus they may even spot the same console on the same servers at the same time even if someone figured it out.

I bet someone has figured it out... but can't publicise it for the reason.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But I have 1 banned switch and 1 not banned. Could I restore a nand from my unbanned switch and un-ban the other console? I doubt it loads of people will have tried it.

In theory even if you could there would be no way to publicly share the nand. Nintendo would ban straight away. Plus they may even spot the same console on the same servers at the same time even if someone figured it out.

No because of uneak keys

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

not possible because keys wouldnt match, there is a method of unbanning but it usually ends up with both the un-banned switch and the recently "un-banned" switch becoming banned within a week from reports. so it would be wasting a console essentially

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's nothing to "figure" out; the keys wouldn't match and even if you could theoretically do this, the fact that the console's don't match will just end up getting the console banned again. There is not and will never be a method to unban a Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs