Homebrew Transferring a batch of Gamecube iso's from one folder to another folder in game.iso format

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone PLEASE tell me is there a way of transferring a batch of Gamecube iso's from one folder to another folder in game.iso format inside a Title/game ID folder?

The ending results should look like this:

Example: Root/games/Title [ABC123]/game.iso

I'm not too experience with the whole script and command prompt thing and I tried the Gamecude ISO Tool on the WiiBackup Manager website, the batch feature don't work so you have to format the iso's one at a time which take forever. Is there another way of doing this?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This directory structure hasn't been needed for Nintendont since at least v4.430. It will look for any *.iso, *.gcm, *.cso, and *.ciso file in the /games/ directory. (Subdirectories are still needed for two-disc games, though.)

If you're using a frontend that still expects the old layout, this bash script should work:
Code:
for ISO in *.iso; do
    mkdir "/mnt/wiihdd/games/${ISO%.iso}"
    mv "${ISO}" "/mnt/wiihdd/games/${ISO%.iso}/game.iso"
done

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This directory structure hasn't been needed for Nintendont since at least v4.430. It will look for any *.iso, *.gcm, *.cso, and *.ciso file in the /games/ directory. (Subdirectories are still needed for two-disc games, though.)

If you're using a frontend that still expects the old layout, this bash script should work:
Code:
for ISO in *.iso; do
    mkdir "/mnt/wiihdd/games/${ISO%.iso}"
    mv "${ISO}" "/mnt/wiihdd/games/${ISO%.iso}/game.iso"
done

Do I need the directory structure if I'm using USB Loader GX? Will I see the box cover art?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about USB Loader GX - it might still need the old layout.

It doesn't require it, it's just faster if you use "TITLEID.iso," "TITLEID_name.iso" or "NAME [TITLEID].iso". If it doesn't see any of those three as the folder names it starts opening the disc images and takes longer to scan the folder.

The actual order it checks is:
1. Game Title [TitleID]
2. TitleID_Game Title
3. TitleID

so "/games/Bouncy Game [GBGE]/game.iso" would be the fastest.

Reactions: showdownx

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't require it, it's just faster if you use "TITLEID.iso," "TITLEID_name.iso" or "NAME [TITLEID].iso". If it doesn't see any of those three as the folder names it starts opening the disc images and takes longer to scan the folder.

The actual order it checks is:
1. Game Title [TitleID]
2. TitleID_Game Title
3. TitleID

so "/games/Bouncy Game [GBGE]/game.iso" would be the fastest.

So GreyWolf, I have over 300 Gamecube iso's. I've been using the 'root/games/Title [TitleID]/game.iso' format, but it's taking so long to do each and every iso in that format. What is the quickest way for playing them on Nintedont and USB Loader GX on my Wii U? I really want to play on USB Loader GX. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So GreyWolf, I have over 300 Gamecube iso's. I've been using the 'root/games/Title [TitleID]/game.iso' format, but it's taking so long to do each and every iso in that format. What is the quickest way for playing them on Nintedont and USB Loader GX on my Wii U? I really want to play on USB Loader GX. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You could see if this works for renaming. I stopped working on it but if it doesn't crash immediately it may work for you.

Reactions: showdownx

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could see if this works for renaming. I stopped working on it but if it doesn't crash immediately it may work for you.

It detect drives but It's doesn't detect folders in the drive. I have my 'ready' gamecube game and 'iso' gamecube games (the one not converted yet) on the same drive but different folders. Plus it look like it's only recognizing the is the gamecube games that are ready which is 145 of them.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ISOs need to at least be in a /games/ folder. :P

I'm not sure what you mean by "converted" but untouched ISO/GCM files should be all you need. There is no need to do anything to them.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ISOs need to at least be in a /games/ folder. :P

I'm not sure what you mean by "converted" but untouched ISO/GCM files should be all you need. There is no need to do anything to them.

When I say 'converted' I mean the iso's that were 'touched' or 'extracted' you know the whole folder structure, the ones that's already formatted to: 'games/Game Title [Game ID]/game.iso' (I don't know the name of that format) but I have some iso's that are formatted like that and I have some iso's that are untouched which are only iso's with game titles (no title ID, no folder structure) the iso's you get when you first download them, the unfinished ones, I have some like that as well. All of these are on the same drive (USB Drive) but they are on different folders, the finished iso's with names, folder structure and game ID's are in the 'games' folder and the unfinished iso's that are hasn't been touched are in the 'no names' folder.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can someone PLEASE tell me is there a way of transferring a batch of Gamecube iso's from one folder to another folder in game.iso format inside a Title/game ID folder?

The ending results should look like this:

Example: Root/games/Title [ABC123]/game.iso

I'm not too experience with the whole script and command prompt thing and I tried the Gamecude ISO Tool on the WiiBackup Manager website, the batch feature don't work so you have to format the iso's one at a time which take forever. Is there another way of doing this?
It can be done with wit (Wiimms ISO Tools) using the wit move command with some custom parameters.
Install this: https://wit.wiimm.de/download.html#os-cygwin (the Cygwin version is what you want)
Reboot after doing this.

Put all the games you want to move in a "gamestomove" folder on the root of the drive alongside the games folder. Open a command prompt in the root of the drive (shift+right click an empty space in the root of the drive and "open command prompt here" or alternatively open a command prompt from the start menu and type X: with X being the drive letter of the drive with the games.

Then just run this command exactly as specified (upper and lowercase matters!)
wit MOVE --source gamestomove --DEST "games\%T [%I]\game.iso"
This will make folders for each file using the title ID from the ISO and the name from GameTDB and rename the isos correctly.
It won't take multidisc games into account. IIRC those actually use the same title ID, so it's impossible for the tool to tell them apart. Therefore you should make sure there are no multidisc games in the gamestomove folder or the behavior could be unpredictable such as it overwriting all discs of that game but one as a result of trying to put all of them in the same location.

Edit: Had a small typo in the command.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be done with wit (Wiimms ISO Tools) using the wit move command with some custom parameters.
Install this: https://wit.wiimm.de/download.html#os-cygwin (the Cygwin version is what you want)
Reboot after doing this.

Put all the games you want to move in a "gamestomove" folder on the root of the drive alongside the games folder. Open a command prompt in the root of the drive (shift+right click an empty space in the root of the drive and "open command prompt here" or alternatively open a command prompt from the start menu and type X: with X being the drive letter of the drive with the games.

Then just run this command exactly as specified (upper and lowercase matters!)
wit MOVE --source gamestomove --DEST "games\%T [%I]\game.iso"
This will make folders for each file using the title ID from the ISO and the name from GameTDB and rename the isos correctly.
It won't take multidisc games into account. IIRC those actually use the same title ID, so it's impossible for the tool to tell them apart. Therefore you should make sure there are no multidisc games in the gamestomove folder or the behavior could be unpredictable such as it overwriting all discs of that game but one as a result of trying to put all of them in the same location.

Edit: Had a small typo in the command.

Wow...THAT WORKED!!! And it was quick as hell! I really appreciate that. Thanks alot @The Real Jdbye. I also wanna thank @GreyWolf for your help as well!!!

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol