Hacking transfering saves with Savegame manager GX

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to transfer all my Wii game save data to my Wii U but I wasnt sure if it's safe to use Savegame Manager GX? I would prefer to keep all my old data on the wii too, and I dont want to mess anything up so I dont want to use Wii System Transfer tool that was pre-installed on the Wiiu if possible

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used savegame manager gx on my vwii i got an error batch installing my saves i did not try installing them one at a time so i just used data managment to copy my gamesaves(with remove no copy save file protection enabled on priiloader on the wii). It did however transfer all my miis to my vwii. ther are two versions of savegame manager gx one for wii one for vwii.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used savegame manager gx on my vwii i got an error batch installing my saves i did not try installing them one at a time so i just used data managment to copy my gamesaves(with remove no copy save file protection enabled on priiloader on the wii). It did however transfer all my miis to my vwii. ther are two versions of savegame manager gx one for wii one for vwii.

thanks
do i need to enable something to copy the saves from wii (with protection flags removed) to vwii?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to have priiloader on your wii with remove no copy save protection enabled to copy protected saves to sd. For copy protected saves on vwii it would not let me transfer copy protected saves over until i installed this
Patched IOS80 Installer for vWii (allows SD Menu custom channels

All non copy protected saves will copy through data managment without installing anything.

wiitf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Hello, sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having an issue that fits this thread title perfectly. I've read as many threads and followed all the tips I could, but I'm still unable to install a gamesave using sgm gx.

I recenty softmodded + added HBC to my vWii according to the guide on this forum. I installed Savegame Manager GX r127 for vWii. Installing the game save didn't work. So, I patched ios080 using the link above. I tried setting ios58 within the program. I started a new game and saved it to the vWii/NAND. Yet I still get the same error when clicking 'Install to Wii': "Unable to setUID" (user ID?)

What's more, since patching ios080, I get a black screen of death whenever I try to open the SD card menu - "Error #004 An error has occurred. The system files are corrupted." -- I highly advise anyone else with a similar issue to NOT patch ios80 using the above link!! That means I can't even try to manually copy the game save from SD to Wii memory.

Some other details that might be relevant for troubleshooting: system version 5.0 (updated before softmodding the vwii). Have tried using a 32GB micro SD in SD adapter and a 2 GB SD. Have the necessary cios installed + d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii. NTSC-U system, game save is for NTSC-J (Xenoblade).

I hope someone can help and save me from starting the game over. Thanks all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)