Transfering Homebrew Channel from Wii to Wii U vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Djent, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Djent
    OP

Djent Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Norway
    I have currently mailbomb installed the Homebrew Channel on my 4.3U firmware Wii console.

I'm planning on getting a Wii U and I've read that when transferring Wii content to the Wii U the Homebrew Channel will actually also be transferred and continue to work on the Wii U vWii.

However, will this method transfer the Homebrew Channel completely or is a re-install advised when doing this to ensure nothing is left out....and does this method work with the very latest Wii U firmware (v5.3.2) ?

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I dunno where you heard that, because it doesn't. Nor will apps like Netflix, YouTube, or Hulu Plus. You WILL have to reinstall it on your Wii U if you wish to use it on your Wii U, but the Letterbomb exploit will not work. You will have to use LEGO Batman, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, LEGO Indiana Jones, Yu-Gi-Oh, or Super Smash Bros. Brawl to install (note Twilight Princess exploit was patched out)

3. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Why don't you just read the stickies?

4. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    This is also a good idea, [user]Djent[/user] ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  5. Djent
    OP

Djent Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Norway
    Actually I read the stickies and could not find any info on the topic there, but this thread here says it can be done, but I is a little old so I was wondering about the current state of this method:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500433

6. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you read a few posts down, the OP says this:

7. Djent
    OP

Djent Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Norway
    Actually i dont need to transfer any channels but the homebrew cannel itself, only to run nintendont so i can play my GC games ripped with cleanrip, thats it. GB compability was the only thing holding me back from upgrading to the WiiU.

8. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Ok, then you're just better off doing a fresh install, unless you want savegames and stuff like that transferred. Either way, you're going to end up installing the Homebrew Channel again some point, the system transfer isn't a requirement