Transfering a CFW 2ds to another CFW 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by d4nielr, Sep 18, 2018.

1. d4nielr
    OP

d4nielr GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    UK
    Ive been looking everywhere on how to do this, bascially i just want all my 'no-legit' cias transferred to a new ds any ideas?
    ive looked everywhere and it says extract tickets install tickets? but im just getting more lost and its hurting my head
    so if anyone could help that would be great

thankyou.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  3. d4nielr
    OP

d4nielr GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    UK
    is there not an easier way with system transfer and transferring tickets? i have a tickets.db but fbi wont let me put it in ctrnand.

4. MorningBlunt

MorningBlunt Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    You can only do it with the same system on the same firmware /region I think. Could be wrong.

5. d4nielr
    OP

d4nielr GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    UK
    its the same reigion etc

6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    System Transfer doesn't work with pirated games.

There's a way to share encrypted files between two or more 3DS systems. You hex edit the encryption key in something called the movable.sed found in SysNAND CTRNAND that can be accessed with GodMode9.

I don't recommend this method except for dire cases when someone's trying to recover their game saves that weren't backed up with a save manager.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I don't think two 3DS can have the same key for their movable.sed at the same time when accessing online services like the Nintendo eShop. I don't recall whether a ban can happen or only the one with the NNID tied to the source movable.sed key retains access to eShop.

zacchi4k likes this.
  7. d4nielr
    OP

d4nielr GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    UK

so i did all that and made cia backups through godmode the bad thing is now they wont install through fbi on my other 3ds... they dont show up on the homescreen any ideas?

8. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Which approach did you use?

If you went with the route in post #2, did you build your CIAs as "standard" instead of "legit"?
    • Legit CIAs only work for the 3DS it was made from. Personal info is tied to them.
    • Standard CIAs are universally installable for any 3DS with custom firmware.

If you went the route in post #6 with the movable.sed editing, just be warned you can get both your 3DS banned.
    • There's an GodMode9 feature that does something called CMAC calculation and correction. I'm not quite sure how well it works, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

9. d4nielr
    OP

d4nielr GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    UK
    i think i know why its not working the cias i used was just update.. and not the full game oops.