Transfer SysNand save game from Gateway -> Sky3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by loathsome, Jan 29, 2015.

1. loathsome
    OP

loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2007
    N3DSXL
    Hey,

I have been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Gateway 3DS for a while now.

Just picked up a N3DS and therefore also had to pick up a Sky3DS, as it is per today the only flash cart currently working on the new console.

I am wondering, how do you transfer this save game data from Gateway over to Sky3DS?

I know AC:NL does not use a "standard" .sav-file but instead uses the NAND in some way. Is it even possible to do it, or will the save game file forever be linked to the Gateway-cartridge?

Cheers

BOUNTY! $10 to your PayPal if you help me solve this!

2. pcmantinker

pcmantinker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2009
    United States
    Greater Atlanta Area
    You could try SaveDataFiler, but I can't confirm this works with Gateway to Sky3DS. You'd need CFW for importing to a retail cart or Sky3DS though as I installed SaveDataFiler to my emuNAND. I don't think that Sky3DS works in Gateway emuNAND in Gateway mode since the Sky3DS emulates a retail cart. Gateway classic can run retail carts, but it can't run CIAs, hence the need for CFW.

I have successfully used SaveDataFiler to backup saves from Pokemon Omega Ruby to SD card. After copying the save to my computer, I made PkHEX edits and re-imported from SD card through SaveDataFiler. Just make sure to export unencrypted from SaveDataFiler and you should be able to import to another cart or potentially Sky3DS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice