Status
Not open for further replies.

master801

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the license transfer glitch still work? I would like to get minecraft from a "friends" account. Heh heh...

master801

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, crud. Anyway, I'll be "getting" his account later on... How can I avoid getting banned when trying to do this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can still do it.
Just don't pull attention with it on XBLive by going around saying you got it via a license transfer glitch.
And don't let your mate share it with everyone he knows.

That pretty much keeps you from getting banned.

Reactions: master801

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Say you purchased Minecraft on your own 360 (Xbox A)
Your mate also wants it on his 360 (Xbox B)

You (Xbox A) has the license for that game.
You log into your account on your mates system (Xbox B) and transfer your license (Xbox A) to his console (Xbox B)
Now Xbox A and Xbox B contain the same licenses.
Now you (your account on Xbox B) downloads Minecraft.
Now your mate can sign into his account on Xbox B and play the game.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds pretty crafty I don't understand why this should get you banned people on the PS3 do this all the time its called Gamesharing!:wtf:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds pretty crafty I don't understand why this should get you banned people on the PS3 do this all the time its called Gamesharing!:wtf:
In fine print, most (if not all) games say in their manual, on the case, etc., that you agree to not share your game. I think some DVDs and CDs say that, too..

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh... well stuff like that has been going on forever I mean think about music one person buys a CD then he gives it to a friend to put the music on their computer I mean is it really piracy if someone has already bought it and your really just kinda borrowing it.:unsure:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You don't own the disc, so it's basically piracy yes.
If you rip it for yourself without keeping the original.

But it's nitpicking really.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh... well stuff like that has been going on forever I mean think about music one person buys a CD then he gives it to a friend to put the music on their computer I mean is it really piracy if someone has already bought it and your really just kinda borrowing it.:unsure:
How is that any different from piracy? Downloading music, games, movies, etc. Someone else already bought it, and not only do you get to use it, but they do and anyone else who downloads it too.

Now, I'm not saying boo piracy or yay piracy, but the CD scenario is basically the same thing. It shouldn't be "piracy," but it is.

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really people could argue this type of thing forever I mean what about a library a person or group buys 1 book and hundreds of people get to read it for free or a reduced price and the publisher doesn't make a cent and that's legal so there really is a fine line on what piracy is and isn't.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You rent it from a library and the library takes a cut and sends the rest to the authors iirc...

But as you said, people can argue for ages on this.

xcrimsonstormx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really comes down to your moral, ethnic, and financial status what you support and don't support and just preference.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really people could argue this type of thing forever I mean what about a library a person or group buys 1 book and hundreds of people get to read it for free or a reduced price and the publisher doesn't make a cent and that's legal so there really is a fine line on what piracy is and isn't.
Well, first of all, libraries are legal. Second of all, when someone gets a book from the library, they're the only ones reading it, until they return it. When you borrow a cd, rip it, then give it back, you're getting a free copy for life. When you download something from a torrent site or whatever, you're getting a free copy for life.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You rent it from a library and the library takes a cut and sends the rest to the authors iirc...

But as you said, people can argue for ages on this.
Some libraries require you to pay? That's weird. I guess I can't really say I know trends, though, since I've only ever been to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)