RGH3 Falcon

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've recently RGH3'd my old Falcon and am having one particular issue. When I boot the console from a cold start (if it's been powered off for about 15min) it insta boots, but if I've been playing the console for any length of time and power it off and attempt to power it back on right away, it can take anywhere from 2-10min to boot and sometimes it just refuses to glitch at all. When I did the RGH I didn't have any 22k resistors so soldered a 20k and 2k in series, so wondering if this may contribute to the slow boot times after use. I've also read that maybe replacing the 22k with 10k could possibly solve this as well but since it works for the most part I'm reluctant to change anything if it may not actually improve anything. I'm also using the topside PLL point since when I first used the bottom it wouldn't even glitch into xell. Any thoughts would be welcome.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The topside point could probably use some trimming but it was a heck of a lot shorter when connected to the bottom point when it wouldn't boot at all. Maybe later today I'll rip it apart and see if I can do that and maybe try the 10k resistor as well. Been having a lot of random lockups of Aurora as well. I did replace the thermal paste and the temps are good so don't think it's heat. Been messing around with a few plugins though so that could be what's causing the lockups. Struggling to get connectx working.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Show your wiring.

Wire length affects boot times.
Think I got it sorted out by taking close to 10cm off the pll line and putting a 10k resistor on instead of the 22k I had there. The freezing seems to be gone at least and for the most part I'm only waiting around 30sec for glitch times since doing that.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I got it sorted out by taking close to 10cm off the pll line and putting a 10k resistor on instead of the 22k I had there. The freezing seems to be gone at least and for the most part I'm only waiting around 30sec for glitch times since doing that.
Make sure to adjust glitch times (RGH3 MHz drop box) in J-Runner to see if it affects anything.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure to adjust glitch times (RGH3 MHz drop box) in J-Runner to see if it affects anything.
I'm reluctant to play with the timing just because I don't want to have to rip it apart again and solder in my pico if it doesn't boot. When I was first setting it up 10mhz was the first one I tried and no matter what I did it would instantly power off after pressing the power or eject button. This was also when I was using the pll point on the bottom though so it's possible it may be alright. Right now, I'm ok with how it's acting with the 10k resistor and shorter wire. If I do take it apart again I'll give 10mhz a try and see how it goes.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RGH3 can be somewhat unstable, the method is still in beta stages.
Yeah, it seems to be pretty temperamental at times. I did end up trying the other timing and didn't really notice much difference. I'm ok with it though. Seems to boot consistently under 30sec if I leave it off for about a minute between boots since shortening the pll wire and swapping the resistor. Makes for a bit longer process when messing about with different plugins but overall, it's alright.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1