Transfer emuNAND to another SD card. Working on New3DS!

EDIT: The emuNAND Tool has been updated and now works again!

Since right now the emuNAND Tool doesn't work, I've come up with a workaround:

Programs you will need:
Both these programs are free.

PLEASE NOTE: Doing the following method will make a 1:1 copy of the source SD card and put it on the target SD card. It will transfer everything, not just emuNAND.

How to:
  1. Plug the source SD card into your PC, this is the card that you want to transfer emuNAND from.
  2. Run USB Image Tool
  3. Click on the SD card and then "Backup"
  4. Remove the source SD Card and replace it with the target SD Card.
  5. Click on the new SD card, locate the backup image and then "Restore"
  6. Run EaseUS Partition Master and click on "EaseUS Partition Master Free"
  7. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  8. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
  9. Click OK
  10. Click Apply on the top left, then OK
  11. Done!
Important Information:
Currently with Gateway 3.1.0 there's a (visual?)bug with higher capacity microSD cards. When running emuNAND it doesn't show the "GW3D" in settings, before the version number telling you if you're in emuNAND or not, because of this its very risky to update emuNAND.
With my guide you can use a 4gb microSD card (where the visual bug doesn't happen) to format emuNAND, update to the latest firmware and transfer it onto a higher capacity microSD card.

Don't panic! - When the transfer is complete and you run the updated emuNAND on your new 3ds it still wont show the "GW3D" prefix before the version number. It'll just say 9.5.0-22E or something along those lines.

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

Hipcheck7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing this, my new SD (64gb micro, with adaptor, old 3ds) is unable to install CIAs. BBM lists all as "File type invalid CIA"
The old SD (16 GB, no adaptor) can install these same CIAs

Any idea?

Null-project

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: The emuNAND Tool has been updated and now works again!

Since right now the emuNAND Tool doesn't work, I've come up with a workaround:

Programs you will need:
Both these programs are free.

PLEASE NOTE: Doing the following method will make a 1:1 copy of the source SD card and put it on the target SD card. It will transfer everything, not just emuNAND.

How to:
  1. Plug the source SD card into your PC, this is the card that you want to transfer emuNAND from.
  2. Run USB Image Tool
  3. Click on the SD card and then "Backup"
  4. Remove the source SD Card and replace it with the target SD Card.
  5. Click on the new SD card, locate the backup image and then "Restore"
  6. Run EaseUS Partition Master and click on "EaseUS Partition Master Free"
  7. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  8. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
  9. Click OK
  10. Click Apply on the top left, then OK
  11. Done!
Important Information:
Currently with Gateway 3.1.0 there's a (visual?)bug with higher capacity microSD cards. When running emuNAND it doesn't show the "GW3D" in settings, before the version number telling you if you're in emuNAND or not, because of this its very risky to update emuNAND.
With my guide you can use a 4gb microSD card (where the visual bug doesn't happen) to format emuNAND, update to the latest firmware and transfer it onto a higher capacity microSD card.

Don't panic! - When the transfer is complete and you run the updated emuNAND on your new 3ds it still wont show the "GW3D" prefix before the version number. It'll just say 9.5.0-22E or something along those lines.

Any questions, feel free to ask :)
Thank you.

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem: My SanDisk 64 GB Micro SD Card is not showing up on EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition! Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this...?

Yokujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ive been following the guide of Plailect until 4.22 at that point im stuck...
because i used a 2GB SD and it doesnt have enough space to save a backup of emunand

sofar:
sysnand 9.2 (local)
rednand emu10.7 (2GB SD)
partitions: *: (rednand) G: homebrew stuff

bought a new card 64GB
partitions: G: homebrew stuff *: (rednand)

booting into homebrew: works
after using luma: sys9.2

so... rednand doesnt get activated im not even sure if the rednand got carried over to the new card

problems with easeus 11:
easeus refuses to keep G:/emunand and turns unformatted (emunand) into G:
easeus refuses to expand my G:/emunand because "errors"
when turning unallocated into any kind of partition easeus will make unformatted (emunand) G:

LaOrxQW.png

Last edited by Yokujin,

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I Drag the Partition to the Right and allocate the space over and Apply. It now says my SD Card needs to be formatted and now I can't use it.

Edit: Fixed it. Went to "Disk Management" it for some reason created a 2nd partition that is 2x the size of the original SD Card. For example if your SD card was 16GB there will be a 32GB Allotted Partition with the original 16GB Allotted Partition. Right Click the unoriginal or the one that's bigger than the original and click Delete Partition.

Last edited by Ray2R,
Reactions: InquisitionImplied

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have formatted my sysNAND to separate it from the emuNAND, but since i injected the FBI over the H&S app on sysNAND on the past, now the H&S app is not there, meaning that the CTRNAND is fragmented. Now this is my situation: I'm going to switch SD card in the future, and since i'm still using MenuHax, i need to configure the new SD to create the emuNAND partition. And since formatting the SD card to create the emuNAND partition means to do an exact copy of the sysNAND (meaning that the sysNAND is being readed in the process), i have this question:

If the CTRNAND is fragmented, there's a risk of sysNAND lecture error on the process of formatting the SD, or something akin to that?

I know how to defrag the CTRNAND, but i don't have enough free space on the SD to do it. (Seriously, i'm using a 2GB SD, which i can only use 600MB given MenuHax + EmuNAND partition)

Peek4Boo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have a old sdhc 32gb, and new sdxc 64gb. I try to clone it with emuNANDtool. When i reach step inject NAND to emuNAND but when i try, it fail "failed NAND size" (i forgot). Is it possible to clone from 32gb to 64gb?

CrypicGardevoir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me out? I did this but when I use EaseUS Partition I get these three in order.
File System Status Type
1. Unformatted Hidden Primary
2. Unallocated None Logical
3. FAT32 Active Primary

The Unallocated literally steals all my space and im scratching head about, I have a 128gb Sandisk micro sd card. Anyone care to help me out im really desperate and have no idea what to do.

CaVaLiEr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
followed this guide to transfer sd card to a new 128gb one, everything went ok and everything shows up, rxtools boots from browser fine, but the software wont run gives an error trying to run dev menu, BBM, or installed cia

note just tested a cia installed game and it runs ok, but the dev men, title manager, wont run, and gives the software error and system must restart

any ideas anyone please ?

BTW O3ds with 9.2, rxtools

Last edited by CaVaLiEr666,

Dev5359

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devmenu and BBM both have issues with 128GB SD cards with more than 90GB free space. Other SDK items fail to launch when using 128GB cards, too. Use FBI to install .cia packages.

Reactions: CaVaLiEr666

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I managed to do this with an A9LH formatted card and Acronis True Image WD Edition, with both microSD cards connected to the PC.

Last edited by TheAnt317,

CaVaLiEr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
finally everything installed and all cia's installed and running in rxtools, so now if i update to Luma will everything have to be reinstalled ?? i still have the small memory card intact to test 1st

alantrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to actually reverse the process?
Since I'm planning on using the 64gb card on an n3ds.
Like if I just copy and paste the data from the 64 card on the 32 one will everything work fine or break horribly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout