Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

nevuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, is the hook referenced at the bottom of the OP for Zero no Kiseki PC version (adds turbo I think?) only for the Chinese PC version or would it work for the japanese version?

nevuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I doing something wrong? The hooker exe version doesn't do anything for me. (Process starts then stops in task manager without giving any errors). I've tried removing the voice patch .dll, and I followed the instructions to straight up extract the contents of the .zip into the ed_zero folder. I bought this version of zero from dlsite, no idea if that makes any difference (japanese version)?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Am I doing something wrong? The hooker exe version doesn't do anything for me. (Process starts then stops in task manager without giving any errors). I've tried removing the voice patch .dll, and I followed the instructions to straight up extract the contents of the .zip into the ed_zero folder. I bought this version of zero from dlsite, no idea if that makes any difference (japanese version)?
Check your anti-virus. The hook works by injecting code into the original exe, so anti-virus may be preventing the usage of the hook.

nevuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your anti-virus. The hook works by injecting code into the original exe, so anti-virus may be preventing the usage of the hook.
I'm a bit confused? The zero one has the exact same name as the original ED_ZERO.exe. I've tried turning off all the anti-virus things windows defender has that could mess with it and renaming files or just totally overwriting the file. (This isn't really a high priority for me, the blur transition is irritating but not too bad. Turbo would be useful but I'm already practically halfway through without it).

Oh, also, how does one insert the japanese PSP data files into the AO PC version for the script? I found where they were posted earlier in this thread, but I'm not having great luck with it.
(After reading the thread a bit more, this appears to be something that's a WIP, right?)

Last edited by nevuki,

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the beta translation executable? Because that won't work.
Honestly though, I never got the Zero hook to work either way. Ao one did work (though it introduced some bugs like weird behavior when loading certain saves at the start of the game).
If you really want turbo you should just get Cheat Engine, you can set it to run the game at the speed you want with an hotkey without any complicated setups.
As for Japanese Ao, don't really remember what there's about it in this thread but I know there's a patch made by Japanese users but I believe they made a translation rather than inserting the text from the PSP version, could be wrong though, I do remember people mentioning it's kinda terrible and if you know any Chinese, it's a lot better to go with that than use the patch.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused? The zero one has the exact same name as the original ED_ZERO.exe. I've tried turning off all the anti-virus things windows defender has that could mess with it and renaming files or just totally overwriting the file. (This isn't really a high priority for me, the blur transition is irritating but not too bad. Turbo would be useful but I'm already practically halfway through without it).

Oh, also, how does one insert the japanese PSP data files into the AO PC version for the script? I found where they were posted earlier in this thread, but I'm not having great luck with it.
(After reading the thread a bit more, this appears to be something that's a WIP, right?)
JP Ao Script+exe patch for PC: http://modding.tistory.com/7

nevuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JP Ao Script+exe patch for PC:
Thanks. I finally got it working after a week or two. In the meantime I got a vita to play Evo, but I think I'll stick to PC for my first play through.

Instructions for anyone curious (in english). You need The PC version of Ao installed, and locale emulator.

Download edao_jpn_data-140915 part 1-6 from that site. Unzip it to the ED_AO Directory (backups are a good idea) and overwrite. Then run the ED_AO_FIX3-j.exe in LE's "Run in Japanese" mode. The initial UI will be in chinese, but the actual game will be in JP.

I was trying to find an h-code, but I've never really done it before and it seems more complex than other games, because it seems like it varies a bit depending on the speaker. I got either
13B21040 or 13BA8910 as the addresses depending on the speaker, if it helps anyone else out. (For now I'll stick with the spreadsheet that has a lot of the japanese script recorded).

Last edited by nevuki,

duder127

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the "60 FPS" in the Ao hook just the 2x turbo or am I doing something wrong? Is the only feature of the hook 60 fps/turbo? I read something about cheats.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat