Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Any tutorials on getting the PC version to even run properly? It's all in Chinese so I can't make heads or tails of anything. My computer won't even display a lot of the characters in the setup menus. I can run the exe but I've got no sound.
Try editing config.ini with your favorite text editor

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've tried everything I can. No matter what I do the window is small, I can't go full screen, there's no sound, and there's just gibberish boxes for text when I don't merge the scena folders. When I do merge the folders, it does show english in the dialogue, but there's some of those boxes mixed in presumably because it can't display the Chinese characters.

https://i.imgur.com/uDNZR6n.png (folders not merged)

It's only detecting my integrated gpu cause of nvidia dropping dx8 support, but I know the way around that. That should not be the thing causing this problem though, because otherwise the graphics are displaying fine. No matter what, it just keeps defaulting to that same resolution.

Also yes I edited the config file but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Last edited by Fugsnarf,

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the game comes with some kind of locale switcher program, but it's in Chinese. Change your system locale for non-unicode programs to be for simplified chinese and it will fix everything I described above. Now I have sound and everything is working properly.

Is merging the lazy_trans scena supposed to work and insert the spreadsheet translation or not? It seems to do nothing.

Mine looks a lot different from yours. For one, I don't have any of the Japanese mixed in there, and all of the names above the text are in English. The Chinese is displayed perfectly, but the English is actually displaying a little bugged.

http://i.imgur.com/xJNs4AE.jpg

Last edited by Fugsnarf,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the game comes with some kind of locale switcher program, but it's in Chinese. Change your system locale for non-unicode programs to be for simplified chinese and it will fix everything I described above. Now I have sound and everything is working properly.

Is merging the lazy_trans scena supposed to work and insert the spreadsheet translation or not? It seems to do nothing.

Mine looks a lot different from yours. For one, I don't have any of the Japanese mixed in there, and all of the names above the text are in English. The Chinese is displayed perfectly, but the English is actually displaying a little bugged.

http://i.imgur.com/xJNs4AE.jpg
The codes on Github are not compiled, so they will not display correctly.
You can choose your own font by replacing the user.ft file with your own TrueType font.

My game has the Japanese text tables inserted. I'm working on decompiling, replacing w/ English text, and compiling the text tables.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For developers:
I made a tool to unpack / rebuild Falcom PSP ISOs with correct LBA.
But there are packed files in USRDIR\data\cclm\map4 (*.mc1 extension) that the game will preferentially read. If you delete the entries for X####X.bin in those *.mc1 files (change header bytes to 0x00), it will read the backup copies in USRDIR\data\scena.

Link to tool: https://heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3034#p3034

Requires Python 3.

Usage:
1) Run unpack by drag+dropping your ISO onto _extract_new.bat
2) Modify contents of folder ISO as needed
3) Rebuild by double-clicking build.bat

This tool unpacks and rebuilds ISOs so it produces a lot of writes. Not recommended for solid-state drives.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

antarusch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
For developers:
I made a tool to unpack / rebuild Falcom PSP ISOs with correct LBA.
But there are packed files in USRDIR\data\cclm\map4 (*.mc1 extension) that the game will preferentially read. If you delete the entries for X####X.bin in those *.mc1 files (change header bytes to 0x00), it will read the backup copies in USRDIR\data\scena.

Link to tool: https://heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3034#p3034

Requires Python 3.

Usage:
1) Run unpack by drag+dropping your ISO onto _extract_new.bat
2) Modify contents of folder ISO as needed
3) Rebuild by double-clicking build.bat

This tool unpacks and rebuilds ISOs so it produces a lot of writes. Not recommended for solid-state drives.

Thank you for this tool, I successfully patched the iso and opened it with ppsspp.

it is not necessary to change the header of the *.mc1 files to get it to work, if you delete all the *.mc1 files in that folder it will read the files in USRDIR\data\scena.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should probably get the thread title changed to "Machine Translated English patch" since it doesn't really qualify as an actual translation patch and it's kinda deceptive to advertise it as one.

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should probably get the thread title changed to "Machine Translated English patch" since it doesn't really qualify as an actual translation patch and it's kinda deceptive to advertise it as one.

Well there is hope of this actually being as good to a complete rough translation as we're gonna get for now if he does merge the spreadsheet translation with the machine translation for a hybrid -- so most story bits are perfectly readable and the NPCs and such you can kinda sorta understand sometimes maybe a little bit.

Last edited by Fugsnarf,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is hope of this actually being as good to a complete rough translation as we're gonna get for now if he does merge the spreadsheet translation with the machine translation for a hybrid -- so most story bits are perfectly readable and the NPCs and such you can kinda sorta understand sometimes maybe a little bit.
It's still machine translation though and advertising it as a translation patch even before that happens is unfair for players expecting an actual translation.
Does the guy even have permission to do that anyway? It's kinda rude to use someone else's work without permission.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this tool, I successfully patched the iso and opened it with ppsspp.

it is not necessary to change the header of the *.mc1 files to get it to work, if you delete all the *.mc1 files in that folder it will read the files in USRDIR\data\scena.
This goes along with my reply to the next quote. If you use xdelta and do a diff of your modified version to the original, it will be very easy for everyone else to apply the patch (no technical knowledge required). Here is a tutorial on how to use xdelta with PSP ISOs: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/928/

It's still machine translation though and advertising it as a translation patch even before that happens is unfair for players expecting an actual translation.
Does the guy even have permission to do that anyway? It's kinda rude to use someone else's work without permission.
The OP's files are not copyright safe. Those are modified original files which probably violate copyright. xdelta is a difference file, it just has your changes in it (not the original file). You could hit the report link if you wanted.

But the permission you are talking about? No, he just used publicly available information about how to hack this game to create this patch, and machine translation tools. No permission needed.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This goes along with my reply to the next quote. If you use xdelta and do a diff of your modified version to the original, it will be very easy for everyone else to apply the patch (no technical knowledge required). Here is a tutorial on how to use xdelta with PSP ISOs: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/928/

The OP's files are not copyright safe. Those are modified original files which probably violate copyright. xdelta is a difference file, it just has your changes in it (not the original file). You could hit the report link if you wanted.

But the permission you are talking about? No, he just used publicly available information about how to hack this game to create this patch, and machine translation tools. No permission needed.
I was talking about the google doc translation of the game that someone said he was going to use, not the current machine translation patch.

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "partial"? Do you mean the spreadsheet translation is not completely in there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol