Gaming [Trailer] Super Mario

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no... Why does the game look so floaty and... slow? I thought this would be more fast-paced like SMB3...

But I'm still freaking out...

I can't wait.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Slyakin said:
Oh no... Why does the game look so floaty and... slow? I thought this would be more fast-paced like SMB3...

I can't wait.
It looked like he ran in the part with the exclamation mark plates.

You made me watch the trailer again, god dammit. I want this game so bad.

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol just what i was thinking it was way to slow to seem like a complete game, so im giving them the benefit of the doubt and say it's not completed yet obviously.....thank god it's not another new new super mario bros game.

p.s calm down it's just super mario galaxy in 3d you've played this game already basically even though it's bran new.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad its more of a traditional Mario game, I was worried when Miyamoto said it was a little like Mario 64 which to me never felt like a traditional Mario game, just a platformer with Mario in. The Galaxy games did feel like traditional ones.

Still is lacking a certain "wowness" after Galaxy.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

I can't wait.
I noticed the slowness too, but I think it was the way the person was playing as later in the trailer I saw Mario move faster.

D

Deleted_171835

The game doesn't look bad.
I'm sure it'll be fun but it's missing a certain something.

It doesn't seem like a 3D Mario game. More like a game in the Super Mario Bros. series but with 3D graphics. I would have preferred it if this game resembled Super Mario Galaxy instead. I prefer open-world type levels rather than linear levels that expect you to get from Point A to Point B. The levels also look plain but I'm sure this will change as the game progresses through development.

I'm still going to purchase the game, though.

Here's two gameplay videos of two entire levels (not trailers) by Nintendo World Report.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtlwUCDBbN8[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrL7iZEJ7s[/youtube]

D

Deleted User

KirbyBoy said:
It looks like a 3dish Mario Bros 3....which is awesome.
That's exactly what I thought. I didn't like SMG 1 and 2 that much, so this is actually very good news as I was a little afraid that Nintendo would take the concept to the 3DS. Really a must have title for the 3DS.

On the open-world aspect that SoulSnatcher mentioned: While I liked SM64 and Sunshine (to a certain degree) I don't think that not having an open world with different objectives in one level is a negative aspect. In my opinion linear levels can be used to have a bigger variety in level styles, like self scrolling, under water etc. Furthermore the levels can be dedicated to one objective instead of having to go through the same level (although through different parts of it) over and over again to get every star/shine or whatever else the designers are going to call them this time.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
lol just what i was thinking it was way to slow to seem like a complete game, so im giving them the benefit of the doubt and say it's not completed yet obviously.....thank god it's not another new new super mario bros game.

p.s calm down it's just super mario galaxy in 3d you've played this game already basically even though it's bran new.
exatly what i was thinking it seams like smg XD

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
From the gameplay I've seen, I got that Super Mario Bros. 3 feeling. I didn't think it was possible to achieve that with a 3D Mario game but they did it. And it's awesome.

I get a vibe telling me that this is going to be the best 3D Mario game to most.

@Soul Snatcher, Galaxy isn't open-world at all.

D

Deleted_171835

Ikki said:
@Soul Snatcher, Galaxy isn't open-world at all.
No, but in Galaxy you can explore the environment (e.g, Starshine Beach Galaxy). It's more of an open-world type game when compared to the Mario Bros. series. You're not forced to go directly from A to B.

Sort of like a psuedo-open world type level that nudges you into the right direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth