Hardware trade 3ds for wii u?

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it worthy to trade Old 3ds xl with cfw + to give 30$ for a Wii u?
I enjoy a lot 3ds games like zelda metroid and mario paper
But even Wii u has some great games like breth of the wild? So what you suggest me?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
But even Wii u has some great games like breth of the wild? So what you suggest me?
I would never trade 3DS for Wii U, because emulating and playing 2 screen emulator is harder and not as clean as single screen emulator. (but hey, that's just my opinion :) )

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'd say so, you could sell the Wii U for more and buy another old 3DS. Compared to the 3DS theirs not a lot of Wii U's out there so i'd expect it to be worth a lot more in the future than a 3DS.

Looking at the price I paid for my Wii U new, I could sell it for more second hand last time I checked.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you have a n3DS then the o3DS is basically pointless, if it's your only 3DS consider if you've played everything you want to play on it first and have a look at the upcoming games.
If the Wii U is the 32GB model and comes with all the accessories it's worth $160+ according to eBay.
An o3DS (non limited edition) is worth $100+.

So it's a pretty good deal.
You could say the CFW adds $30 value (personally I don't think it adds more than $15-$20 max especially when there are people offering modding services for free now, you only have to pay shipping) but selling a CFW'd console for $30 extra requires getting lucky as you can't sell it on eBay and people on here probably won't be willing to pay $30 extra just because it has CFW. You already found someone willing to give you a good deal.
You could try to lowball him and say you'll give him $20 extra and not $30. That would make it a really good deal if he accepts.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say so, you could sell the Wii U for more and buy another old 3DS. Compared to the 3DS theirs not a lot of Wii U's out there so i'd expect it to be worth a lot more in the future than a 3DS.

Looking at the price I paid for my Wii U new, I could sell it for more second hand last time I checked.
:lol: - A Yorkie talking about money, who'd have thunk it....
(I come from Leeds actually, so what am I saying..)

But from a games point of view, it depends on if you're getting bored by what's on offer on the 3DS - the Wii U is completely dead now but does have some great Zelda games (including the HD remixes if you've not played them), while Paper Mario Colour Splash is OK. There's also the Wii back catalogue if you've not dipped there, and now Gamecube should you mod the Wii U (which is easy to do and will allow Paper Mario TTYD - the best of the Paper bunch by quite a margin, again though have you played it yet?)
The 3DS on the other hand should have maybe another year of support, before games become a child orientated trickle..

Personally? I'd keep the 3DS and try and save for a Wii U if you want one that bad: if you've not played Wii & Gamecube games much though, then yeah, get it traded.

Reactions: parisi

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a n3DS then the o3DS is basically pointless, if it's your only 3DS consider if you've played everything you want to play on it first and have a look at the upcoming games.
If the Wii U is the 32GB model and comes with all the accessories it's worth $160+ according to eBay.
An o3DS (non limited edition) is worth $100+.

So it's a pretty good deal.
You could say the CFW adds $30 value (personally I don't think it adds more than $15-$20 max especially when there are people offering modding services for free now, you only have to pay shipping) but selling a CFW'd console for $30 extra requires getting lucky as you can't sell it on eBay and people on here probably won't be willing to pay $30 extra just because it has CFW. You already found someone willing to give you a good deal.
You could try to lowball him and say you'll give him $20 extra and not $30. That would make it a really good deal if he accepts.
Sorry for my bad english, so the deal is this to trade my o3ds modded and paying him 30$ extra for his Wii U.

And it’s my only 3ds i dont have an other, but alomost i have played the all top games on 3ds library, anyway still enjoying replaying some games,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
>Is it worthy to trade Old 3ds xl with cfw + to give 30$ for a Wii u?

Price wise over here it's definitely definitely worth it. A o3DS is 80€. A wii U is 250-300€. But that doesn't mean you'll enjoy it more.

Reactions: Ryccardo

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to have to say trade the 3DS for the Wii U. Sure, you'll probably want to get a separate HDD with at least 250GB (probably $25.00, maybe less), a Y-cable (can be included with HDD), and a hax game (unless the Amazonhax is a thing), which might total $35.00+ (and the other $30.00), but you'll be ready for generations of gaming.

As for prices, I'm sure you'll see 3/2DS on sale for BF (unless you're really from Gambia), but I'm not so sure you'll see Wii U getting a discount.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and a hax game (unless the Amazonhax is a thing), which might total $35.00+ (and the other $30.00)
Nah, a DS game for cbhc/haxchi is only 7 to 10 dollars (and is technically optional if you want to give up major convenience), no any other games needed :)

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, a DS game for cbhc/haxchi is only 7 to 10 dollars (and is technically optional if you want to give up major convenience), no any other games needed

(probably $25.00, maybe less), a Y-cable (can be included with HDD), and a hax game (unless the Amazonhax is a thing), which might total $35.00+ (and the other $30.00), but you'll be ready for generations of gaming.

I'm accounting for $25.00+ for the HDD and (probably) $9.99+tax for *hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome