Toys R Us Filed Bankruptcy, People Are Going to Ride Bikes Around the Store Before it Closes

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,371
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 2

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's interesting looking back to 10 years ago. There's a large area of shops and stores, big ones, fast food joints, all on this road that has exits to the highway. A highly busy area. The history is interesting because of how many places have closed down. There was a Hollywood Video that was behind Taco Bell, closed down in 2008, I even went to their liquidation sale. Circuit City, I think we went there right before the bankruptcy woes, it was mid 2008, a few months later it was closed down. There's a Toys R Us right across the street from the mall. So that's going to be an empty building now? Oh and up the road there was some grocery store, didn't really last long, one year it's there, the next, it's gone. Cici's was added to this area, a Redner's Supermarket, Popeye's.

I remember going with friends to Toys R Us, fucking around, hopping on bike seats, trying out stuff. I remember taking my little sister there too, a way to pass the time waiting for our ride after Chuck E. Cheese time. Sucks for them.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's interesting looking back to 10 years ago. There's a large area of shops and stores, big ones, fast food joints, all on this road that has exits to the highway. A highly busy area. The history is interesting because of how many places have closed down. There was a Hollywood Video that was behind Taco Bell, closed down in 2008, I even went to their liquidation sale. Circuit City, I think we went there right before the bankruptcy woes, it was mid 2008, a few months later it was closed down. There's a Toys R Us right across the street from the mall. So that's going to be an empty building now? Oh and up the road there was some grocery store, didn't really last long, one year it's there, the next, it's gone. Cici's was added to this area, a Redner's Supermarket, Popeye's.

I remember going with friends to Toys R Us, fucking around, hopping on bike seats, trying out stuff. I remember taking my little sister there too, a way to pass the time waiting for our ride after Chuck E. Cheese time. Sucks for them.

Yep, kids these days won't get to experience the thrill of walking into your local toy store with a couple dollars in your hand and getting some cool action figures. Everything now is all ordered off of Amazon now lol

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had a love hate relationship and somewhat despised toys r us when I grew up. Why? I use to be in to Legos big time, and I would study the prices in the official magazines that came to my house. When I went to the closest toys r us to me I always noticed that they jacked up the prices for each set by a few bucks and it really made me mad. Other than that I enjoyed going there and looking at the bikes and other stuff they had there.

Reactions: Deleted User

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder what goes for the UK ones. The only one I dealt with in recent years was the babies offshoot and their incompetence probably still annoys the one dealing with them to this day*. Other than that I have no special memories of them really (did UK and US varieties) and they were just another toy shop.

What are we betting on for the next big retail store that goes bankrupt? Staples is looking good for it right now (they offloaded their UK branch with a line like they wanted to focus on their core US business or some such) but they might hang in there and we get a surprise entry.

*my cousin (lives the other side of the country) had a kid, my grandparents wanted to get them a crib or something. International order is a pain but whatever we will go and sort it out in person. Not in stock but they will deliver it, fantastic... nope not even paying cash will get it delivered there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up