Touchscreen problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by iczfire, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009

Touchscreen problems by iczfire at 1:09 AM (881 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. iczfire
    OP

Newcomer iczfire Member

United States
    I've been having a problem with my ds lately, the touchscreen isn't accurate, i'd touch one spot and the mark would hit a little to the right. I've tried recalibrating multiple times, but it just doesn't work, the test doesn't stop, even after multiple trials. I touch the middle of the + everytime, but the test doesn't ends and it continuously prompts me to touch the middle of the +. Should I get a touch screen replacement or is there something wrong with the hardware?

2. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

i feel your pain
    i have the same problem

3. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
  4. iczfire
    OP

Newcomer iczfire Member

United States
    haha, I was right on dealextreme when I saw your links... well seeing how it's only 3 dollars, I might just go pick one up. thanks for pointing that out.

5. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Make sure you get a tri wing screwdriver to take the bottom case apart and take care with the connector, break this and its all over!

6. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Two of my friends have had this same problem, turns out they put on screen protectors and forgot about them. Took them off and the screen worked find, maybe some fine bubbles in there or something. Is that the case for you guys?

7. iczfire
    OP

Newcomer iczfire Member

United States
    yes, but the problem remained. it was especially obnoxious to see my touchscreen malfunction like that even after the screen protector was taken off. [​IMG][​IMG]