Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been almost one year since I've got my Ds, and today, all of a sudden, it ended up stucking the touch screen.

While I was playing Geometry Wars, the shooting cursor got stuck on the top left corner and didn't got out of there... I tried restarting the Ds but the screen's touch function ceased to work. After some hours I tried again and it worked, but only for some 5 minutes, then it stopped working again.

Is there some solution I can try to fix it without opening my Ds? I fear bricking it, and also don't want to pay huge amouts to get it fixed (because I don't have the money to even buy a new one right now).

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
from dealextreme buy a touch screen replacement make sure its not the LCD one but a "touch" one
and use a screen protector this time

or just try cleaning using microfiber cloth around the areas.

best of luck
yaynds.gif

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried cleaning the screen edges today, but it didn't fix the problem
cry.gif

Also, I stated I fear opening my Ds, but thanks for the heads up on the equipment needed, now I will know if people try to scam me to fix the Ds
yaynds.gif

Any other possibilities of what could have been 'broken' inside the Ds? I think it's way too weird because the screen still works correctly, but just for a limited time, it almost feels like a non-calibrated analog controller... I tried re-calibrating the screen, but after some minutes it ends up the same, so it's no use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: