TotalBiscuit has passed away

upload_2018-5-25_0-59-15.jpeg

TotalBiscuit, famous video game commentator as passed away earlier today, following his long battle with cancer. He earlier this month announced to the world that he was to retire from making regular YouTube content.​

Last edited by Uiaad,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh man, this sucks.
You've provided your followers with good content throughout the years and gave us good laughs while doing it, R.I.P Prince John.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I know he was abrasive but he did a lot to highlight consumer rights and to better the quality and standards of the gaming industry. As a gamer what he championed would have affected you positively whether you know it or not, whether you like it or not, he had a lot of influence and he used it to make things better.

People who say things like this shouldn't be front paged, don't care and especially he deserved it are obviously ignorant to what he contributed. The ones who imply he deserved it can fuck right off especially.

Nobody deserves to die at 33.

RIP

Last1948

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He changed internet reviewing for the better and even though he was a hypocrite and a bigot at times , the internet wont be the same without him

Sleep now , john

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
We have all done and said things in the heat of the moment. I personally didn't agree with some of the things he had said but this is not the place to bring this sort of thing up.
Well. I agree and disagree. As a public figure, he should know the good and bads of his work. If he couldnt control, he should stop and retire.

We dont want to be scolded by our superiors at work. But when we fight back and disrespect him as a superior, we arent fit to work. The same can be said If he cant accept bashes and negative comments from his viewers

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's nice to see that there is more positivity than trash in this thread. Honestly a little surprising given garbage tends to show itself more prominently in threads like this.

TotalBiscuit was a stoic voice in the gaming community. It was his mission to stand up for consumer rights, and in many ways he did successfully shape, and change the industry for the better. He also helped dozens, if not hundreds by using his voice to stand up for those who would typically just be trampled in the crowd. You can disagree with his opinions, but there's no denying the positive impact he had on both the gaming industry, and the community. I don't use twitter much, but it was heartbreaking, and heartwarming to read all of the tweets @totalbiscuit. It really showed how passionate he was about what he did, and what he cared about.

Bottom feeders can flail and try to discredit him with pointless bullshit, but nothing you say, and no stupid screenshots of old tweets will change what the man has done. He accomplished more in his short life than any of the nobodies flinging shit at him will accomplish in their entire lives.

Totalbiscuit's success, and his passion will live on in all of those he inspired and helped, which is a great many people.

Rest in peace

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He's probably responsible for a lot of FOV and simulation sickness options in games that I would otherwise be totally unable to play. You have my thanks for that John.

RIP fella. My thoughts with Genna and his family.

Reactions: DarthDub

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Never actually heard from this guy, but according to some users on a certain discord server I'm in, he made LoL the popular game it is today, and more things.

Serious condolences to all of his family

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never consumed his content or really knew who he was as a YT personality. But sad to see someone go who was important in the online community. Cancer is a mother fucker.

DrayanoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A comment without context and written 7 years ago. Taken that the guy pretty much lived online, it's hardly an evidence of him being a bad person. Or karma.
There is no context where telling someone to "get cancer and die" is ok.
Still sad that he died.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is no context where telling someone to "get cancer and die" is ok.
Still sad that he died.
No, there isn't. But I can get plenty of examples where people say things they don't mean. That's why it's relevant. If it was made in the heat of a long forgotten online discussion, it's pretty inappropriate to dig it up years later. Especially when the person has just passed away and other people are expressing their condoleances.

Reactions: DarthDub

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've never seen anything of this man's content, but I have heard of him. Also just found out that he lived in the same county as me, which I was really surprised about.

Sad to hear about what happened to him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I don't remember most of it. +1