Total noob is totally lost! >.<

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Assassin X, Jun 24, 2009.

Jun 24, 2009
  1. Assassin X
    OP

Newcomer Assassin X Newbie

United States
    Ok. I own a DSI and while I may be a computer geek for some reason this DSI stuff thats beyond the basics as in what you guys talk about is leaving me in the dust. I am not sure totally what I can talk about so I'll leave it simple unless asked otherwise.

Basically I have a DSI (duh) and bought a SanDisk 8GB SD card. I have no idea if thats good or not, well for what I want it for at least.

A few days back I seen a video of a guy playing a synth on his DS and another one where he turned it into a voice box thing. I got the program for the DS and tried putting it on my card but it doesn't work. So is it my card? Maybe my DSI since I updated it? I feel like such a noob. x.x

And I also have music on the SD card to if that makes a difference. I tried reading that FAQ btw and got somewhat lost.

2. gameboymortal

Newcomer gameboymortal Member

United States
  3. yeahitschris

Member yeahitschris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    btw, the flashcart uses micro SD, the one you use for cell phones, not the camera ones

4. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    you dont just buy an sd card and put it into the sd card slot you have to buy a flashcart like
    acekard2i
    m3zero(not released)
    dstti(dead)
    R4i(dont get this one)
    ez flash vi
    supercard ds onei

then you have to by a "MICRO" SD Card and put in the card and put that card in your dsi's slot 1

5. personager

Member personager GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Pay special attention to those words.

Also, try doing some more research on flash carts online and on the GBATemp forums to learn more about them and see which might suit you best.

6. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Search what is a flashcart. There is a lot of information in that thread.

7. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    Like the others said just get a flash cart and microSD card. I like my Acekard 2i with AKAIO the best it has very good game compatibility, supports GBA loading from the menu and has an attractive UI. Although since the M3i Zero is being released soon you may also want to wait for that because the Sakura firmware is very good.