Hacking Total Noob in need of help

opzarnbee

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
29
Trophies
0
Age
35
Location
San Diego
XP
108
Country
United States
Ok so i have firmware 3.4(U). I am trying to install waninkoko's cmios. I have the latest hbc and i am wondering where i would have to put the cmios file in the sd card. i put it in the root and it didn't show up on hbc. I tried it in the apps folder and it didn't work either. Also i am also trying to use wiigator's gc backup. (that shows up fine in the HBC.) So i guess i am asking...How do i get wiigator's to work? I tried his cmios and it seems to not install correctly (yes iam connected to internet). Do all these problems all stem back to my firmware...or is am i just missing something. Also i would prefer to use waninkoko's cmios not wiigators. any help would be grateful. Thanks.
 

donchen

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
156
Trophies
0
XP
90
Country
Senegal
I guess you are not getting much replies probably because people are tired of replying to the same question. Hope you REALLY did a search for the guide already before posting this..

But anyway, here goes.

I use the guide by djtaz and successfully installed whatever you want (gamma loader).

See here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108...p;#entry1454886

Hope it helps..
 

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
4,349
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Pto. Vallarta
XP
292
Country
Mexico
If you are connected to internet, then why don't you use the Waninkoko's cMIOS installer and run it thru Wi-Fi method and no need to place any wad wich by the way is has to be on the root of your SD but you need the installer in the apps folder so it appears on the HBC and then the installer read the wad on the SD...!!!
smile.gif
 

fst312

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
1,024
Trophies
1
Age
34
Location
New York
XP
2,359
Country
United States
opzarnbee said:
Ok so i have firmware 3.4(U). I am trying to install waninkoko's cmios. I have the latest hbc and i am wondering where i would have to put the cmios file in the sd card. i put it in the root and it didn't show up on hbc. I tried it in the apps folder and it didn't work either. Also i am also trying to use wiigator's gc backup. (that shows up fine in the HBC.) So i guess i am asking...How do i get wiigator's to work? I tried his cmios and it seems to not install correctly (yes iam connected to internet). Do all these problems all stem back to my firmware...or is am i just missing something. Also i would prefer to use waninkoko's cmios not wiigators. any help would be grateful. Thanks.

what i did with waninkoko's cmios is put it in the apps folder and the only way it showed up on my homebrew channel was me renaming waninkoko's cmios from cMIOS_rev1-Installer.dol to boot.dol.

i'm not sure if this works on wii 3.4 because i am on 3.2 but usually for me when something doesn't appear in the homebrew channel i have to rename the file to boot.dol.

EDIT
you may or may not already know this but remember to have the file in its own folder.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
lol, yea bugaveli.

I hate it when noobs who dont fucking read or understand helps noobs.
QUOTE said:
i'm not sure if this works on wii 3.4 because i am on 3.2 but usually for me when something doesn't appear in the homebrew channel i have to rename the file to boot.dol.

duhh
 
J

Jackreyes

Guest
afif95 said:
lol, yea bugaveli.

I hate it when noobs who dont fucking read or understand helps noobs.
QUOTE said:
i'm not sure if this works on wii 3.4 because i am on 3.2 but usually for me when something doesn't appear in the homebrew channel i have to rename the file to boot.dol.

duhh

And where were you to help out, idiot.
Maybe if the uber-1337 dicks like you actually helped people instead of taking the piss out of those that try to help, people would be more knowledgeable.

I really hate some people on this site...
 

spawn844

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
179
Trophies
0
XP
73
Country
Canada
Jackreyes said:
afif95 said:
lol, yea bugaveli.

I hate it when noobs who dont fucking read or understand helps noobs.
QUOTE said:
i'm not sure if this works on wii 3.4 because i am on 3.2 but usually for me when something doesn't appear in the homebrew channel i have to rename the file to boot.dol.

duhh

And where were you to help out, idiot.
Maybe if the uber-1337 dicks like you actually helped people instead of taking the piss out of those that try to help, people would be more knowledgeable.

I really hate some people on this site...

aaaaaamen
 

mcj

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
378
Trophies
0
Age
47
Website
Visit site
XP
168
Country
United States
Jackreyes said:
And where were you to help out, idiot.
Maybe if the uber-1337 dicks like you actually helped people instead of taking the piss out of those that try to help, people would be more knowledgeable.

I really hate some people on this site...

Sure we might be a bit rude sometimes, but this forum is full of lazy people that do not want to do anything for themselves. They want their hands held through everything, and want it done yesterday. We don't need to help those that do not help themselves. There is plenty of info on this forum for everyone that can take some time to search and read.
 

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
2,822
Trophies
0
Location
8-Bit Heaven
XP
394
Country
United States
Guys, this is NOT the place to explain your feelings on noobs or people helping them (or not helping them?).

(now if only i'd have mod access to the Wii boards, this would already be cleaned
wink.gif
)

Please kill the flaming. Thanks
smile.gif
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    "Skittles" Angel Knight
    +2
  • Z-BOI @ Z-BOI:
    anyone wanna be friends on ancf also know as animal crossing city folk i've got wiimmfi and if you do to friend me my code is 4859-3318-6620 name Z-boi town: pog
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Knee-how GBAtemp
  • Kittfox63 @ Kittfox63:
    Hello, anybody here?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    We aren't bodies we're robots
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    1800 Nintendo support at your service
  • Kittfox63 @ Kittfox63:
    Wow!
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Wow spelled upside down is Mom
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sham Wow!!!
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Hi, it's Vince with S-S-S-Slap chop...
  • Shape @ Shape:
    You're gonna be in a great mood all day. You'll be slapping your troubles away with the slap chop, slappin' your troubles away with the slap chop...
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Guys I need help, my obscure Nintendo system from 20 years ago is giving an error when I try to plug it into my toaster
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Why aren't you guys helping???!!?
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Fine I will go to another more helpful website!
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Onlyfans only takes money it's only helpful for about 20 minute
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    I am subscribed to kenniesnewname
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Unfortunately he doesn't post enough belly button vids, which is the only reason most of us still watch
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I hear that guy is pretty small tho
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Hawaiian punch Mango Monsoon is pretty good ngl
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Really wanna add some whipped vodka to it
    K3N1 @ K3N1: Really wanna add some whipped vodka to it