Torrents take to long to D/

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the newest µTorrent, and make sure to cap your max upload to 80% of your....max upload

You have to pay for Usenet

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
usenet is better and more legal. you dont need to upload with usenet and its faster. its generally better. and usenet will never get shut down.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use the newest µTorrent, and make sure to cap your max upload to 80% of your....max upload

You have to pay for Usenet

newest utorrent sucks
ohmy.gif

Torrents are only as fast as the amount of seeding. On public torrents people aren't going to bother seeding much, on private they do and you can get very high download speeds. It's all about what website (tracker) you use.

Torrents are free while usenet is not. I guess if you aren't a member of any good private torrent websites it's worth paying for usenet..otherwise save your $$$.

Using usenet for the purposes everyone does is just as illegal as torrents
smile.gif

Have a nice day.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IRC/ftp are good.

irc i believe works exactly the same as private trackers in that you have to share back what you download, you can't just go to a server and download what you want, you have to trade files with other users before you get anything.

with private trackers you get max speed when you download from their server but you have to upload back and sometimes that can takes days to do so, you can download from a public tracker but it's gonna be super slow though lol and you don't seem to get stuff as fast as private trackers.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
problem is, you have to pay for usenet and the prices are not appealing at all.

Thing is, most ISPs already provide you with Usenet server access (unless you use AOL or MSN, in that case - poor you). http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm A lot of the time they just use another service so they won't have to bother with setting up a Usenet server. I have usenetserver.com for free so I'm pretty happy.

They prices for other services, though, I'd have to agree and say they're quite high. Compared to services like Megaupload and Rapidshare Usenet services are generally higher.

To topic starter: this might seem like a dumb question, but have you tried forwarding your ports yet? Most common noob mistake I'd have to say.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thing is, most ISPs already provide you with Usenet server access (unless you use AOL or MSN, in that case - poor you). http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm A lot of the time they just use another service so they won't have to bother with setting up a Usenet server. I have usenetserver.com for free so I'm pretty happy.

They prices for other services, though, I'd have to agree and say they're quite high. Compared to services like Megaupload and Rapidshare Usenet services are generally higher.

problem is, my isp virgin media do provide a news groups but it's absoutely crap, you can't get the good stuff unless you pay
frown.gif

Toxicwind

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about that 100gb service, but I use giganews, 25 for unlimited download with 200 day retention, thats almost 7 months of things people uploaded, and if you are like me, I downloaded at least 70gb in 12 days of having giganews so far... so 100gb is hardly anything.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and the prices are not appealing at all.

Maybe not to you, but I'm quite happy with my 100gb blocks for 19.99USD. 2mb down speed on anything I download.

Wow! Thats sounds sweet. Wheres that?
http://Usenet-News.net/?ref=66040

And most Usenet sites have some sort of referral program. Whenever someone signs up using my referral link on Usenet-News, I get their first purchase added to my quota. So if you buy a 100gb block, I get the same amount added to my account.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usenet is more legal. People don't get in trouble for downloading pirated materials, just uploading. See: Whatever the hell her name was that got sued for uploading recently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1