lol hotlinking

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and the prices are not appealing at all.

Maybe not to you, but I'm quite happy with my 100gb blocks for 19.99USD. 2mb down speed on anything I download.

Wow! Thats sounds sweet. Wheres that?
http://Usenet-News.net/?ref=66040

And most Usenet sites have some sort of referral program. Whenever someone signs up using my referral link on Usenet-News, I get their first purchase added to my quota. So if you buy a 100gb block, I get the same amount added to my account.

That sounds pretty wicked to me.
Just out of curiosity what newsreaders does everyone use?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not true

ok then explain to me what irc is then? because the last time i looked it up that's exactly what you had to do before you got anything back, and it was invite only anyway.

it's easy to find games, movies, applications on irc, they're hosted on servers you input a command and you get the file(s) of your choice, some ir channels require you to queue depends on what sort of access the irc channel has in the first place, it's anonymous and it's fast and you don't need to share anything back in order to get something, that's torrents. when was the last time you used irc for downloading any media?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try citing your sources instead of a picture of Bill Cosby. Give me a case where somebody has been sued for downloading a game, movie, or album on Usenet.

Being more secure isn't the same as being more legal dear.

What carries a stiffer punishment (and therefore is "more illegal" note: murder would be "more illegal" and stealing a pack of gum, which makes sense):
Downloading copyrighted material
Uploading copyrighted material

Yea, it's uploading. And is consequently, more illegal. If you didn't know, that's what you do with torrents

I'm sorry if you lack the ability to make rational arguments, and have to resort to memes to get your obviously flawed points acrossed.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What carries a stiffer punishment (and therefore is "more illegal" note: murder would be "more illegal" and stealing a pack of gum, which makes sense):

Yea, it's uploading. And is consequently, more illegal. If you didn't know, that's what you do with torrents

But alas, it seems you've already forgotten your original statement.

QUOTEPeople don't get in trouble for downloading pirated materials, just uploading.

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know about that 100gb service, but I use giganews, 25 for unlimited download with 200 day retention, thats almost 7 months of things people uploaded, and if you are like me, I downloaded at least 70gb in 12 days of having giganews so far... so 100gb is hardly anything.

I've got bt internet and its quoted here http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htmas using giganews europe.
Wish i knew what that meant
wink2.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Torrents are so 3 years ago and suck. If your not a leech and seed the 1:1 your meant to it takes even longer to get what you want. Usenet is really good. I get mine for £6.50 a month and it has 110 days retention. It also takes paypal. The £6.50 a month was a special offer though.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But alas, it seems you've already forgotten your original statement.

QUOTE said:
People don't get in trouble for downloading pirated materials, just uploading.

And I asked you to cite a court case, and you showed me a picture of Bill Cosby

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oye. This ones a bit disoriented it seems.

You asked me to cite a court case where someone was sued for downloading on Usenet in response to my picture of Bill Cosby, at which point I said, "Being more secure isn't the same as being more legal dear."

Since apparently you need a bit of spoon feeding, I'll elaborate on my statement:

People haven't gotten sued for downloading from Usenet because it is much more secure than BitTorrent.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Oye. This ones a bit disoriented it seems.

You asked me to cite a court case where someone was sued for downloading on Usenet in response to my picture of Bill Cosby, at which point I said, "Being more secure isn't the same as being more legal dear."

Since apparently you need a bit of spoon feeding, I'll elaborate on my statement:

People haven't gotten sued for downloading from Usenet because it is much more secure than BitTorrent.

If your ISP sees what you're downloading they can cut your internet. But even if it does you can always tell them it's illegal to spy on what a person is doing, in which they should give you your internet back
biggrin.gif
*Happened to me*

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your downloading a file over 6 or some gigabytes, I think they'll realize what your downloading.
I think you're a bit ignorant. There are many legal activities that would constitute to such a bandwidth use. Hosting a server for example, or doing work through remote desktop. And of course lets not forget all the free and open source files available online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@