Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SDHC eh?

Maybe this cart won't blow at all...
If it's the exact same as CycloDS.. I'd rather pick the CycloDS for it's name.
tongue.gif

~Nero

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I can see it now..."Hey, Alex, you want to watch videos, listen to MP3s, play real games, Doom, Quake, all on your DS?"
"sure"
"Get a TopToyDS!"
"XD...yeah...right..kay"

vs:

"Hey, Alex, you want to watch videos, listen to MP3s, play real games, Doom, Quake, all on your DS?"
"sure"
"Get an R4DS"
"Where can I get one!?!"

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I can see it now..."Hey, Alex, you want to watch videos, listen to MP3s, play real games, Doom, Quake, all on your DS?"
"sure"
"Get a TopToyDS!"
"XD...yeah...right..kay"

vs:

"Hey, Alex, you want to watch videos, listen to MP3s, play real games, Doom, Quake, all on your DS?"
"sure"
"Get an R4DS"
"Where can I get one!?!"
Volumerate has 1000's of R4 in stock, I got 10 myself

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks more like an R4 with SDHC support than a CycloDS. The CycloDS has a few extra features that has yet to be mentioned here.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Shame no carts actually implement the feature I'd like to see, which is correct save size detection instead of the crude, fail-safe alternative of creating a maximum-size save file.

this device actually does support auto savetype detection

I think he means:
the save file must match the savetype

Now all flashcards use 262.144kb or 524.288kb save files
regardless if it's 4k eeprom or 4mb flash

Nope, ya all wrong
happy.gif
, although most flashcarts do act this way.

Acekard RPG makes 64kbyte save files for 512kbit savetype, and 512kbyte save files for 4mbit savetypes.
However it is lazy for 2mbit savetypes and makes them 512kilobytes too lol.

And with all carts i have, you can manually trim the save files down to correct size and they should still work, although that defeats the whole purpose of simple and automated flashcart use.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The very FIRST thing of concern is how much support it will get as far as updates. THAT is what's important. Let's hope the team responsible for this cart realizes this.

I like the idea of being able to update the AR cheat database right through the card. That's pretty cool.

gbaelink

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The TT Packing also include the GBA cartidge. It can play GBA games also. 
biggrin.gif

Pre-oreder price GBP24.90 (Free Postage).

Wow that is the first I've heard of that. IC2005 doesn't include the GBA cartridge, nor does my review sample I believe... Any chance you can give us more details?

I also want to send a sample for your review. However, I have sent ELink 512M to GBATemp.net for review nearly 2 months with no response.
frown.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The TT Packing also include the GBA cartidge. It can play GBA games also.Â
biggrin.gif

Pre-oreder price GBP24.90 (Free Postage).

I also want to send a sample for your review. However, I have sent ELink 512M to GBATemp.net for review nearly 2 months with no response.
frown.gif
GBATemp is (almost) always behind on their reviews (AK RPG review anyone?), PharaohsVizier on the other hand lives for it and gets it done very fast (but thorough.)

+GBA in 1 box support, that's awesome (and I can confirm the elink is not poorly built like the M3R addon carts); is TT coming from eLink then?

I have an eLink here, it's a decent card that works very well for GBA (though it's not going to fulfill it's purpose unless I get a reply on switching to ROM memory.) My only nitpick is the software relies on what is (to me) a super slow chinese server for updates (560k worth of update took nearly 1 hour on my 10Mbit cable connect). (aka: you have to install the program, then update it within the program.)

brakken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this Top Toy DS. Is it a clone of NeoFlash's TTDS? Is NeoFlash's a clone? Does NeoFlash produce the Top Toy DS? From the menu pictures I've seen it has no difference from the TTDS from NeoFlash. What's the scoop?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I also want to send a sample for your review. However, IÂ have sent ELink 512M to GBATemp.net for review nearly 2 months with no response.Â
frown.gif

shaunj66 has been backlogged with a lot of card reviews and he can only do so much. So he has sent me the Elink to review. It is already underway and I should receive it in a few days. I will begin my review straight away. Sorry for the delay.

After the Elink I will also be reviewing the TopToyDS with any luck and shaunj66 will be finishing up the Acekard RPG review.

Our reviews usually do take awhile, but they're worth it in the end
wink.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opium, not knocking you guys for living by the "why do it today when I can do it tomorrow" motto
laugh.gif
(kidding around, you are right though, they are worth waiting for; as well, there are usually many more complaints later on when the reviews are done too soon and not updated after)
So, this Top Toy DS. Is it a clone of NeoFlash's TTDS? Is NeoFlash's a clone? Does NeoFlash produce the Top Toy DS? From the menu pictures I've seen it has no difference from the TTDS from NeoFlash. What's the scoop?
first post in threadRemember last week when we announced the TopToyDS from the Neoflash Team? Turns out the Neo Team jumped the gun on the ownership of this new cart. Neo Team will actually just be re-distributing an OEM version of this cart with their own software updates.
Do you not know what OEM means (Original Equipment Manufacturer)? Or rebadged for that matter? M3DS Simply is essentially a rebadged/OEM R4. All of the N-Card clones are likely produced by the same people, just rebadged and thus the OEM would be N-Card. Most people have many things that are rebadged, and they just don't know it - take Memorex and Maxell DVD-R's for example, usually they are Ritec produced, occasionally you'd get lucky and wind up with a batch of better ones like Verbatim or Tayo, but you never actually get a Maxell or Memorex media code because they just don't make their own.

Also, occasionally OEM refers to packaging. If I bought a DVD writer for example, from the shelf at futureshop, I'd get software, a big huge box, cables to connect it and a manual. But if I get a OEM drive of the same make, it is the drive only, in a super snazzy plastic bag.

Generally, clones are bad copies of existing over-expensive hardware. There have been good clones way back when, but for the most part these days clones are not better or even close to as good as the real deal.

Hope that covers the whole idea of OEM vs Clone (besides, it's pretty tough to clone something that isn't quite in the market yet, no?)

gbaelink

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
DSTT will ship out on 10 Dec 2007

Packing:-
DSTT_packing.jpg

DSTT - Deluxe Versoin (wiht GBA & Explorer 2in1, Rumble Pak)
DSTT_packing_deluxe.jpg

DSTT - Standard Version
DSTT_packing_standard.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning