Homebrew Top screen only NES or SNES - DS emulator

john sparks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i was wondering if anyone knew of a top screen only emulator.
almost all emulators are bottom screen but have the option to have the gameplay on the top or bottom or switch the menu and gameplay screens (NesDS).
my question is:

is there one that displays even the menu in the top screen and also the gameplay.
Maybe its a simple tweak of code, or maybe there is already one made?
sometimes its hard because the list of ROMS shows up on the bottom screen regardless. sometimes my screen doesn't work. please someone with the knowledge figure it out and get back at me. i could not contact the NesDS guy/people on SourceForge. it would not let me send them a message.

i have an R4i and curently running Lameboy and NesDS. anything helps. thanks.

huiminghao

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
"displays even the menu in the top screen and also the gameplay."
The menu of nesDS need touch, the shortcuts couldnt do all the stuff. I think the bottom screen is required.
Display gameplay and menu on the same screen is possible, PocketNES does this. By work on the code, nesDS would support that too.
I dont think someone(including me) would work on that. Sorry I dont have time on this project.

madeinair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem I think is selecting the roms/loading/saving states, basically my two options are:
. Find a application for moonshell that will autorun NES files with a nes emulator (NES DS etc)
. Find an application shortcut for ur OS (like YSMENU) and add shortcut that autoruns NES games.

That I think would solve the problem, youll be able to select game through the OS, and game will autorun at the top screen.
Hope it helped!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For SNES, the latest SNEmulDS release has a button combination to swap the screens around: Start+L+R+Right. You can use that to select your games and then swap screens to play them.

I don't think NES DS has a combination to swap screens, but NesterDS+ might.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For SNES, the latest SNEmulDS release has a button combination to swap the screens around: Start+L+R+Right. You can use that to select your games and then swap screens to play them.

I don't think NES DS has a combination to swap screens, but NesterDS+ might.
YUSS! i found a way(i ordered a ds lite with a broken top screen to convert to a gameboy macro) btw, is there a way to do this on nesds and gbaemu4ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat