Top Screen Discoloration

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kevin1st, Sep 19, 2010.

Sep 19, 2010

Top Screen Discoloration by kevin1st at 5:37 PM (622 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kevin1st
    OP

Newcomer kevin1st Newbie

United States
    My friend had broken hi top screen and asked me to fix it. i picked up a new screen and housing and the installation went through perfectly. the only problem is the ds has a very noticeable blue tint to it. is there any home brew apps to perform some color correction or is he stuck like this. its not a big deal but im sure hell appreciate it if i got rid of this. thanks for your help.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    nothing can be done about it really, except perhaps placing some colored film over the screen.

i do believe though some DS screens come like that brand new(1 screen slightly different color)

3. sland

Member sland GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it's a defect in the screens. Screens can be discolored yellow, blue, or red.

4. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The screens are tinted yellow on standard DS Lites. I noticed it when I got my Lite's touch screen fixed. The bottom was bright white and the top was yellow. In my opinion the screens depend on the brand and etc. Anything along those lines. You never know when somebody goes cheap in making it then go high in selling it. [​IMG]