Top Addicting DS games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Elechadram, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009

Top Addicting DS games by Elechadram at 9:01 PM (5,157 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. Elechadram
    OP

Member Elechadram GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Yeah, I know it.. There are so many "What game should I take" or "Suggest me a game" threads, but this is something else..

I am planning to buy a Nintendo DSi and I always liked games like Tetris, Bomberman etc. So, I got a question about 'What games have a big replay-factor and are pretty much addicting?'

Think about Bomberman, Mario Kart, Tetris..

2. Hardkaare

Member Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Club house games, and maybe brain age?

3. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Mah, Brain Age? It is 'fun' yeah, but.. It is something else. You can't play with more players or blow each others brains out.. [​IMG]

4. dragonbladerxx1

Member dragonbladerxx1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    elite beat agents,wario ware, mariokart ds, scribblenauts, ninja gaiden, gta ctw,Jump ultimate stars,kingdom of hearts,call of duty world at war and.....(Someone continue my lists please thx!)

5. Bleedingelite

Member Bleedingelite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Bangai-o and Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

6. Hive Tyrantx

Newcomer Hive Tyrantx Newbie

United States
    if you like platformers, you should go for the castlevanias, new super mario bros and the megamen (zx/advent)...

i find theses most addictive and they have a good replay value...

7. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Planet Puzzle League is a sure winner. It's like tetris, but feels better to play.

8. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I was hooked on Spider-man: Web of Shadows when it first came out -- still got it on my card. I just couldn't get enough of the combo system. Same thing with Dragon Sword for a while. I think I played through that sucker seven straight times before taking a break.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Definately Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. The game is way too addicting for it's own good. You could easily play that game for 12 hours straight or until the hunger kicks in.

10. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Big Bang Mini !!!!

11. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    In terms of addicting puzzle games, I think most people have got this covered. I would also add Picross, if you like those logic-sudoku-esque puzzles. Different direction for me on this one.
    I reccommend Glory Days 2, which is like a 2D battlefield, where you play as either a helicopter or a fighter pilot. I've played so much of it I can't even begin to say how much, but it has to be at least 30 hours. Especially if you have someone else to play it with, it becomes an inexhaustible source of entertainment.
    Animal Crossing is also a great one if you like those simulation-build-yourself-up type of games. I've just started getting back into it, and there is quite a lot you can do, even if it is essentially nothing. Sell stuff to Tom Nook, customise your pad, make friends with the townspeople, collect bugs/fish/paintings/fossils/furniture/clothing...
    Another great one is Geometry Wars: Galaxies. It's hard to describe the gameplay on the DS, but if I was talking about a console or a PC I would say left stick to move, right stick to shoot, or mouse shoots and WASD moves. Great game, and extremely addicting.

12. TeenTin

Member TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Mario Kart DS

13. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I was going to say this exactly.

Also Civilization Revolution.

14. Anne Noise

Member Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Blood of Bahamut was decently addictive, but now that I have 130+ hours, I think I am done. All items get, essentially. That and it's a shitty Monster Hunter rip-off, so the PSP MH entries, and Tri, replace it entirely.

Kingdom Hearts is good.

BlazBlue on the PS3 is also addictive, but is kind of shallow. (Being a fighter and all.)

Puzzle Quest is good with a shitty story and horrid endgame.

15. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Wow, thanks for all the replies [​IMG]

I see many of you answered with a game in which you have to complete some kind of quest. Others answer with puzzle-games. But, isn't there a game, just like Pokémon or something in which you can do what you want to do?

16. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    chinatown wars

17. dalekdan10

Newcomer dalekdan10 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    mario kart ds, tetris, new super mario bros, 42 all time classics is what im playing as i type this, starfox commad which is good, call of duty 4 and 5, transformers decepticons and autobots, mario slam basketball, zelda phantom hourglass, animal crossing, lotr conquest, nintendogs (whichever one you like best) pokemon diamond, super mario 64 ds,
    hope this helped

18. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    From what I've played, (Not in Order). The legend of zelda phantom hourglass. Pokemon (platinum is better than d/p). New super mario bros. Mario Kart DS. Mario & luigi partners in time. Animal Crossing Wild World. Drawn to life spongebob edition. Super Mario 64 DS. Rhythm Heaven. And Believe it or not, Trauma Center Under the knife is very addictive =).

19. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Oh yeah, like nadoon said, Trauma Center is super addictive. You'll find it mind numbingly hard but you'll keep picking it up over and over again.

20. dragonbladerxx1

Member dragonbladerxx1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fossil fighters? its pretty much abit like pokemon but its pretty cool! try it out!