BOTW
Windwaker HD
Fire Emblem Conquest
Fire Emblem Awakening
Dragon Age Origins
Trails in the Sky SC
Trails in the Sky Cold Steel 2

Honourable mentions:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - subjectively I love it, objectively it had lots of flaws
Mario Galaxy - only wanted one mario game in t10
Ni no Kuni - narrowly missed out
TLOU - i appreciate how excellent it is, but its linearity made me not enjoy it
Witcher 2 - crap combat, clunky AF, but great story, great ideas.. just executed like crap
Bioshock - too quest marker dependant
Persona 4 - just a bit hit and miss for me, combat a bit too crap ; basically get monsters which can buff and buff + heal
TR 2013 - this would be on my top 10 but just struggling to find a spot
Batman - great game, tiny bit clunky when it came to solving some puzzles
Portal - just a bit short, haven't played 2 yet
Xcom - would be T10 but fire emblem comfortably beats it in the personality of ur roster + consequences of a bad move
FO3/new Vegas - struggle to put these in when JRPGs just destroy them in a story/character perspective
Bravely Default - crap last 1/3 game
Valkyria chornicles - i cheesed the last 1/2 of the game with alicia

That was honestly SO difficult to do.

I don't like to think of myself as a nintendo fanboy but man, Nintendo gives me my favourite gaming experiences. I was close to adding in XC2 over CS2 but CS2 just destroys XC2 in the character department.

What're your guys top 10s of the last 10 years?

Last edited by aofelix,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
this is mine:-

Pokemon soul silver
Pokemon BW/B2W2 (I'm going to put these as one)
The Last of Us
Grand Theft Auto V
Shovel Knight
Hotline Miami
Stardew Valley
Red Dead Redemption
Mario Maker
The World Ends with You

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not as hard for me as I'm making yearly top lists of the games I've played for a few years, and before that it's mostly steam (which has this easy ranking of time played, which is a good indicator). Let's see...

Rocksmith 2014 remastered: without a doubt my nr. 1 game of the last ten years
Cook, serve, delicious 2: absolute gem of a game
Ori and the blind forest: you all know about this one. And for the right reasons
Duet: premium: the music and presentation just elevate this to incredible heights
Anno 2070: my "go to" of city builders (though rebuild 3 makes a strong contender)
Cook, serve, delicous: absolutely love it. And it has a few things that are better than its sequel
Torchlight 2: I don't even dare to start it: it's addicting as hell because it's so fun
Plants vs zombies: played it through on PC and later on mobile...twice
Race for the galaxy (android): my only entry for this year, but I just want to play one more round
wii sports resort: only wii game on the list, but it's a good one. Not only because of the fond memories with friends (swordsplay!), but also because it's the game that introduced me to the concept of "softmods".

Runners-up:
Rogue legacy (it's basically an endless castlevania game)
Super mario galaxy (if it wasn't for the wiimote gimmicks it probably would've made the list)
Parkitect (rollercoaster tycoon!)
Infinifactory (incredible puzzle game)
The walking dead, season 1 (I dunno...it's hard to rate a game that's at the same time incredible as it is not fun. It's not meant to be funny or relaxing. It's great at what it does, but it makes tough comparison material)
Rebuild 3: gangs of deadville (this could be top 10 material: every time I start it, the hours just fly by at a ridiculous speed).

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not as hard for me as I'm making yearly top lists of the games I've played for a few years, and before that it's mostly steam (which has this easy ranking of time played, which is a good indicator). Let's see...

Rocksmith 2014 remastered: without a doubt my nr. 1 game of the last ten years
Cook, serve, delicious 2: absolute gem of a game
Ori and the blind forest: you all know about this one. And for the right reasons
Duet: premium: the music and presentation just elevate this to incredible heights
Anno 2070: my "go to" of city builders (though rebuild 3 makes a strong contender)
Cook, serve, delicous: absolutely love it. And it has a few things that are better than its sequel
Torchlight 2: I don't even dare to start it: it's addicting as hell because it's so fun
Plants vs zombies: played it through on PC and later on mobile...twice
Race for the galaxy (android): my only entry for this year, but I just want to play one more round
wii sports resort: only wii game on the list, but it's a good one. Not only because of the fond memories with friends (swordsplay!), but also because it's the game that introduced me to the concept of "softmods".

Runners-up:
Rogue legacy (it's basically an endless castlevania game)
Super mario galaxy (if it wasn't for the wiimote gimmicks it probably would've made the list)
Parkitect (rollercoaster tycoon!)
Infinifactory (incredible puzzle game)
The walking dead, season 1 (I dunno...it's hard to rate a game that's at the same time incredible as it is not fun. It's not meant to be funny or relaxing. It's great at what it does, but it makes tough comparison material)
Rebuild 3: gangs of deadville (this could be top 10 material: every time I start it, the hours just fly by at a ridiculous speed).

I hated walking dead s01 so much .I felt like it was a massive waste of time and I could have watched 5+ amazing films or a proper tv show.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hated walking dead s01 so much .I felt like it was a massive waste of time and I could have watched 5+ amazing films or a proper tv show.
Yeah... In case the first post wasn't clear enough: this is about our personal top 10s. I wasn't posting your list but mine.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wind Waker HD isn't even a new game. They did a good job with the remake, but I still don't think it counts as a game of the last 10 years.
Also Undertale deserves a spot.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel like I played too many games, so I'm picking the best from each year.

2008 - Braid
2009 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
2010 - Heavy Rain
2011 - Portal 2
2012 - Dishonored
2013 - GTA V
2014 - Destiny
2015 - Fallout 4
2016 - Doom 4
2017 - Super Mario Odyssey

Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...