Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good morning, everyone,

I have a quick question, could you explain clearly how to activate the LED of the Home button when you receive a notification, etc...? Because I didn't understand how to do it and I couldn't find anyone to explain it...

Thank you :D

(Sorry for my bad english...)
It can't be done. You can only power it on when the joycon is connected to the computer.

KilatiF

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just update. They will become faster and support more cmds needed from some games.
There's no need to hold back. Joycon FW does not equal Switch FW.

Yeah I didn't ahve time to check the emails at all. I'll reply here so this info is public.

I never managed to update the USB protocol (which differs in many things from BT one) in that repo. I wanted to but well..

This reply, is a reply to x80 01. This one requests MAC and type. So that 03 is the type (Pro controller), and the other data is your BT mac address in reverse (LE).
There is some tiny info in "USB-HID-Notes.md". So check that first. All x8# ids are for nintendo's custom protocol when you use USB.

Thx for helping! I did it!! Now I can use joycons for steam like pro controller even with gyro support!! ^_^

Last edited by KilatiF,
Reactions: CTCaer

Xeltos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible in the future to change individual button colors?
I'm using a white shell with the 4 different colored buttons.

DARKFiB3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm totally new to this app, so apologies if this has been asked already, but would it be possible (in the future) for this app to enable RCM? Perhaps by holding a combination of buttons?

I suppose that would be another ban risk.

Last edited by DARKFiB3R,

juliancovington

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the toolkit to change my controller buttons and body but when I connected it back to my switch only the control stick works. Also, it will not connect back to the computer so I cannot restore the SPI Flash.

Callmeven

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow very cool, and nice easter egg, its the mario theme song or ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My Homebutton is now flashing all of the time, what can i do to avoid this ?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm totally new to this app, so apologies if this has been asked already, but would it be possible (in the future) for this app to enable RCM? Perhaps by holding a combination of buttons?

I suppose that would be another ban risk.
You can't, because of a pull up resistor connected there. So it can't be soft modded.

I used the toolkit to change my controller buttons and body but when I connected it back to my switch only the control stick works. Also, it will not connect back to the computer so I cannot restore the SPI Flash.
This happened to me before and I just use the option to disconnect all controllers in Settings and I also pressed the sync button once. And then the joy con paired again and was fixed magically.

My Homebutton is now flashing all of the time, what can i do to avoid this ?
Press the sync button once to "turn off" the controller.

Reactions: DARKFiB3R

juliancovington

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me before and I just use the option to disconnect all controllers in Settings and I also pressed the sync button once. And then the joy con paired again and was fixed magically.

Unfortunately it isn't fixing mine magically, anyone else know a fix?

xenokingdom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw in an earlier post that not all Pro Controllers have a body color of x323232 (normal one), with the Xenoblade Pro being x323132 and the Splatoon Pro being x313232.
Now that the Smash Pro is out, would anyone be willing to supply the body color code? I have the controller but unfortunately forgot to backup the SPI before messing with its colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carlama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got the wireless zelda switch controller and i wanted to change color from grey to green but ao im wondering of 3rd party controllers are compatable with jc toolkit

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CTCaer I'm wondering if I can get some help with my two right Joy-Con (both firmware v3.91).

The controllers work normally in every respect except with this app. I can open the app and see the Joy-Con colors, but as soon as I try to do anything (backup SPI, change colors, etc), it throws a "device was disconnected" error in Windows 10. It happens on every version of the toolkit and with both controllers. This seems like the same issue brought up by Rinabow on page 40. Both of these Joy-Con worked when they were on v3.48.

Any ideas on what's happening?

Edit: I just tried my Pro controller and the app can't even see it despite it working on my computer. It's on the latest firmware as well, I'm guessing 3.91. So the only controllers that do work are the left Joy-Con.

Last edited by JacksonS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here